Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cas-en-Lac.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Cas-en-Lac. Empty
PostSubject: Cas-en-Lac.   Cas-en-Lac. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2008, 15:09

Tough week - 5th to the 12th April - with a pile of hailstones and snow dumped into the lake the second night we were there. odd fish showed (some lumps) as the week went on and temp crept up slowly. Sid managed 4 fish biggest going 39lb, two of his fish down to stalking. Paul & John worked together to trick a 47plus Mirror into making an appearance, then they had a 26lb plus common to bring them up to 2. I had 5 fish for the week one 26lb'er and the rest in the 30's. Tony, Robbie & Martin blanked apart from some monster Bream, but fair play to them they kept their spirits high and threw everything at it, right up to the wire. Beautiful 20 acres set in woodland, bays, islands, the works. fish were pristine & Paul (co-owner) will only venture info when asked, prefering to leave the anglers to work it out for themselves, drive & survive water that is well worth a look. I enjoyed the trip and the company. cheers lads. GG.

Last edited by Gordon Goodwin. on Mon Apr 21 2008, 06:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Cas-en-Lac. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cas-en-Lac.   Cas-en-Lac. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2008, 17:03

Not too great a week either I'm afraid. We arrived late on Saturday night (10:30pm), set up in the dark which is fun as always. Got up and plummed around for a few hours on sunday morning. Tommy was the first away in Swim 1 with a mid 20. We had hail/thunder/rain downpours which put a stop to things for the rest of sunday.

Monday saw a fish grace my bank, a 26lb10 mirror off the island from swim 11 which gave a good account of itself. While Tommy was around taking a few pics one of his rods took off and Baz in Swim two took over. Tommy let him finish off playing the fish and out comes a 49! Typical. Great way of beating his previous best of 7lbs! All went quiet for a few days and the frosts again slowed down the fishing. Richard moved out of Swim 10 and doubled up with me in swim 11 on tuesday night.

While having a meal in Tallensac on Wednesday Tommy decided to move up to swim 6. I jumped at the chance of moving into Swim 1 where the fish seemed to be frequenting. Steve in Swim 12 also got in on the action with a 38 mirror. Wednesday really was the start of the fishing as the temps reached mid teens at least. The remaining 20 fish of the trip were caught between wednesday and friday evening with Richard ending up with 6 fish to 45lb1oz, Baz with 6 to 49, Tommy with 2, Niall with 1, Steve with 5, myself with 4 to 31lbs and Mick who lost a fish on the friday morning ended up fishless.

I think the weather like GG's trip had a major bearing on the trip. We spoke to Paul and Christophe about a regular week there and they were saying 30 to 40 would be the norm with 50 being an exceptional week. I think we booked a bit too early and will hold off til late april or early may next year to book somewhere. I think we'll return there in the future but not for a while. There's a few other lakes we'll be looking closely at which can provide bigger fish and more prolific fishing for the next 2/3 years.

I would recommend the lake though if someone is thinking of putting in a session on there. Cracking lake but our timing was off a bit I feel. Roll on 2009.
Back to top Go down
paulnz
Carp Hunter
paulnz

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Cas-en-Lac. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cas-en-Lac.   Cas-en-Lac. Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 16:52

Don't know about anyone else but i'd be keen to see the pics from your guys trip....some crackers in there, let's see em'.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Cas-en-Lac. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cas-en-Lac.   Cas-en-Lac. Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 17:00

I was Billy-No-Mates over in Swim 11 until wednesday so I didn't get many taken. I'll try to get the photo's from Tommy during the week and post them up.
Back to top Go down
paulnz
Carp Hunter
paulnz

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Cas-en-Lac. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cas-en-Lac.   Cas-en-Lac. Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2008, 02:50

Cheers Paul....was trying to be patient, didn't last long.lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cas-en-Lac. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cas-en-Lac.   Cas-en-Lac. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cas-en-Lac.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Waters :: Carp Fishing Abroad-
Jump to: