Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

night fishing ban in france

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

night fishing ban in france Empty
PostSubject: night fishing ban in france   night fishing ban in france Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2008, 01:34

there`s a proposal to stop all night fishing on public waters in france next year. there`a a tread running on carp forum about it and it has been confirmed by a few people in french auturities . it`s only a proposal at the minute as i understand it. but there is talk of it only applying to countries not using the euro (namely england) also talk about if you can ask for your licence in french your alright or if you can prove that you have been working and paying tax for a least 90 days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: night fishing ban in france   night fishing ban in france Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2008, 10:25

and we thought ireland only had a joke of a government watll b next????Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gareth
I don't post much

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: night fishing ban in france   night fishing ban in france Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2008, 02:47

Hi Guys
A few points from the other forum posts :
1) Night fishing was made legal in 1994, now this didn't mean it was allowed just that it was a possibility with permission from the Prefecture. Each lake was reviewed and often limited sectors allocated. I and many of my French carp fishing mates lobbied for this with clubs, federations and authorities.
I've searched the largest French forum and can't see any mention of a change.
2) There is no way any change could just be applied to the British angler. It is just not legal to do so. Euro or no Euro...
3) It is possible that night areas will be reduced, but this has always been the responsibility of the local authorities (the Prefet). In fact the change virtually every year.
4) Camping outside campsites has always been illegal. On night fishing sectors you are allowed an open shelter with no sewn in ground sheet. Many people do put up bivvies (tents) and get away with it.. but it is a risk.
5) As for private lakes, well the fishing federations have no jurisdiction on a private 'Closed' lake. The owner does as he pleases. They can't stop you fishing, or camping. The only outside possibility is that the local mayor tries to stop you running a campsite if he feels there are too many tents... so keep them camo.
Hope this helps
Gareth
Back to top Go down
http://www.croixblanchelakes.com
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: night fishing ban in france   night fishing ban in france Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04 2008, 09:21

lets hope it all disappers garth. it`s making me very nervious as i spent 7 months in france this year and i`m going back in march for 8 months and i plan to fish a lot of the public waters. the info i posted about the euro was got off carp forum and i hope i did not offend you in anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
gareth
I don't post much

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: night fishing ban in france   night fishing ban in france Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2008, 01:08

Lots of FUD on the forums... and Euro comment didn't offend at all...I live in France and don't even recognise UK currency anymore.

There are loads of French carp anglers 90% fishing public waters.. I can't see any bans myself... changes perhaps. But it has always been a local thing. Local federations, local decisions...French politics is done this way. They won't change a whole system just for a few anglers.

G
Back to top Go down
http://www.croixblanchelakes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: night fishing ban in france   night fishing ban in france Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

night fishing ban in france
Page 1 of 1