Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ebro 09

Go down 
+3
frankmelia
Dub
niall mac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
niall mac
I don't post much
niall mac

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-24

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2009, 13:28

anyone thinking of going to the ebro this year:?:
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2009, 14:40

Niall i would love to fish the Ebro..... bounce
Back to top Go down
niall mac
I don't post much
niall mac

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-24

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2009, 07:02

well that makes two of us trying to get my first trip away this year herd alot about the place from various anglers so hope fully ill get out there.........
Back to top Go down
frankmelia
I'm getting into posting
frankmelia

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-27

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 11:30

well lads just after getting back from the ebro in spain was there for 2 weeks over the xmas.if u need any advice just pm me.cheers🎅
Back to top Go down
andy kavanagh
Carp Hunter
andy kavanagh

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-03-10

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 12:20

four of us heading over in march.Cool
where did you fish Question .
any thing decent banked
whats the water level like.
Back to top Go down
Ebro Dave
Carp Hunter
Ebro Dave

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-02-26

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 12:51

how did you get on frank? and was it cold?
Back to top Go down
frankmelia
I'm getting into posting
frankmelia

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 13:49

well dave to be honest we arrived on the sat 20th of dec 2008 with temp of -2..we booked up colm bunn(cat.master tours)as our guide.we started to fish regular swims that had produced good fish over the years,and found out very quickly that we were just there for our money. sorry to say.it was only that we had our own means of transport the holiday was ruined.the swims we were put on had produced large fish up to 45 lbs but the anglers that fished them,were there for up to 1 week with maybe 3 fish.after spending 3 days blanking we took it upon ourselfs to move further down the ebro.we spent xmas eve on a swim called the pump house where the water level was 4 meters and suppriseingly we started to catch.boilies were a waste of time most of the fish that were been caught were on,singal 24 m hallibut pellets topped off with fake maze.i had 12 fish and the biggest was 36.5lbs over 2 weeks.it was a bit of an eye opener for me.if anyone is decideding to take on the ebro i suggest that bringing leads up to 8 ounces and plenty of shock leaders its a must;;;; as there is plenty of snags. and maybe a gun to get rid of does zander anglers:Dit is a lovely water and i will be back8)
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 13:55

the pump house over the bridge in mequinnenza surrounded by olive trees frank?on the ebro or segre? how far did you travel from mequinnenza ?
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 13:56

jees i sound like a half yard
Back to top Go down
frankmelia
I'm getting into posting
frankmelia

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 14:05

colin as u leave mequinnenaz going past the second bridge on the road towards caspe .the olive garden is in front of u.we took the road up to a place called rancho bar ebro just off a liitle dirt track.pm me and i will give u my ph no
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2009, 08:36

how did ye get on with the night fishing , i heard they fine you for useing spods or baiting up up there ? did you hear anything like that
Back to top Go down
frankmelia
I'm getting into posting
frankmelia

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2009, 12:03

unfortunely u cant nite fish the ebro the rules state an hour before dawn and an hour after darkness.but we heard that there might be flexible hours to start mid june until october in ceratin areas which could allow u to fish up untill midnite.as for spoding and prebaiting a swim and are seen by other anglers more than lightly u will return the next morning with ur swim taken.we tried to stay as far away as possible to other anglers.and told no one where we were catching.on 2 occations we arrived on our spot to be welcomed by 2 dutch guys.sound as they were but we found out 1 had a 38 dutch lbsfish.which i think is a fish of 40 english lbs.and a cat to 85lbs.i think for does who want to fish the ebro its more cheaper to rent a car and a appartment and get ur own license.you will be saven a fortune:D
Back to top Go down
Ebro Dave
Carp Hunter
Ebro Dave

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-02-26

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 13:01

frank i know the pump house swim very well had some great fish out of it but its a very popular swim you need to be up early as they say, the reason its such a good swim is the lads fishing for cats are pilling in the baite all year round but 12 fish to 30 odd lb is not bad for this time of year the ebro is not the same river it used to be
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2009, 22:01

to say the river is not the same is fair enough but mequinnenza has never recoverd since they left the damm open or sprayed for white fly or whatever happend, but its a gigantic river with plenty of fish up and down river plus once you get out of mequinnenza the river isnt policed so much so chances of night fishing improve,12 fish during daylite is actually a great result you would at least triple the if youd done nights
Back to top Go down
toyo
Tackle Tart
toyo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-15

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 12:52

how would i go about booking a trip to the ebro? never been on a fishing trip.
Back to top Go down
andy kavanagh
Carp Hunter
andy kavanagh

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-03-10

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 12:56

never being on a fishing trip:?:
id say try closer to home bud.
Back to top Go down
toyo
Tackle Tart
toyo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-15

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 12:57

whys that?
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18 2009, 02:16

toyo wrote:
how would i go about booking a trip to the ebro? never been on a fishing trip.
i think ebro dave could be renting the house out all tackle ect aswell
Back to top Go down

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2009, 05:00

Frank
such a shame that you were another victim of cashmaster at least you had the added backup of a car to salvage some thing and have an adventure
just goes to prove if you advertise enough you will get a bite
i had a couple of mates out at the same time on DIY and they said the same thing it was rock hard which is not unusual at this time of year and they only had a couple of low 30's
did he give you a gas canister and kettle for your drinks or is he still doing the tiny thermos flasks for 8eur ( about £7.50p ) ?
i will take a guess and say you were told the layby swims were the dogs do dah's and started there
as colin likes those as the guide can be back in bed by 8am lol
yes the layby can fish well as any swim can on its day
but with the cold weather they generate a lot of electric which increases the flow with cold water from the dam and the carp tend to move to a more settled enviroment
the other downside of the layby is its like fishing in a goldfish bowl everyone can see you and if you do catch chances are you won't keep those swims unless getting there at 4am

we were fishing the ramp at xmas 2005 and doing well but getting a lot of people visiting and looked like we would lose it
so my m8 slept in the car on the ramp in -5c and woke up at 5am to find 3 french guys had carried all there gear around the car and had set up what can you say ????????

we have found in the winter months the carp like to spend a lot of time in depths of between 35 to 55ft of water obviously you need a boat and echo sounder to be find these spots as they can be several hundred mtrs from the bank but not always again its a question of homework

night fishing (illegal) is not all its cracked up to be in winter with most of our bites coming between 8am and 11am and then tails off by 2pm
the fish kill certainly killed 1000's of carp up the segre to over 60lb but by the time it got downstream it had dilluted
so a lot of the carp population survived but the biggest problem for carp anglers are the cats as these are active all through the winter and a lot of the time its a cat sat over your bait that stops the carp feeding
a 150+ pussy will put any carp off from coming to close to your baits

when it comes to planning a trip to the ebro all i can say is do your homework as there are plenty of company's out there
try and speak to people on forum s etc etc
at the end of the day you pays your money and take your chance
but it can be done on a DIY basis and can work out cheaper but requires a lot more work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ebro 09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ebro 09   ebro 09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ebro 09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Waters :: Carp Fishing Abroad-
Jump to: