Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

wanted please

Go down 
+7
david
buddi
66 triumph daytona
Scott Loughnane
ferret piss boilies
Paul C.
Nerijus26
11 posters
AuthorMessage

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 06:54

lads im looking 4 3 shimano big reels...not the normal baitrunners...something wit good cranking power an some thing that wont break the bank...anyone please.....
Back to top Go down
Nerijus26
Carp Hunter
Nerijus26

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2009-06-07

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 09:27

try shimano super ultegra 10000xsa its big very big and good reels its around 190e wanted please Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
http://www.carp-fishing.lt
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 10:41

I'd go for the Aerlex Matt, 50 bucks in most places and legendary on the Sea Circuit for Reliability. Well worth a look. They're boxy but they're good. Solid bit of kit for a fraction of the cost.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-03-17

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 12:01

yeah either those or have a look at the navi`s
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2007-06-13

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 13:22

Daiwa Emblem S's are still about 50 sterling. Reliable old reel
Back to top Go down
66 triumph daytona
I post a bit

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-10-28

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: big pit   wanted please Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2010, 14:25

Paul C. wrote:
I'd go for the Aerlex Matt, 50 bucks in most places and legendary on the Sea Circuit for Reliability. Well worth a look. They're boxy but they're good. Solid bit of kit for a fraction of the cost.
Undoubtedly THE big pit at sensible price,had one for 15 years and it survived beachcasting,rockfishing (and not rinsed off after)and punishing spodding work.I gave it to friend for free that had little money and am sure will be doing similar work trouble free for another 15 years at least...
Back to top Go down

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2010, 04:28

cheers for the replies lads...paul.c i hav 6 aerlexs...great little reels but wit the artrithis it just rips the hands, arms an shoulders out of me reeling in any long distance....if poss i dont want 2 buy from the uk because of wat happend wit my baitboat breaking an how much it wud cost 2 send it back 2 be fixed(120stg without parts or labour)i wud rather buy here but i dont hav big money 2 spend(about 300)anyone wit 1's for sale please....
Back to top Go down
buddi
I live to fish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2007-02-28

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2010, 02:52

what do you hope to gain matt by changing , the aerlexs are as easy or hard to peddle as anything else i have tried wanted please Icon_question
Back to top Go down

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2010, 04:34

ive tried pats longcasts an their a hell of alot easyer on my joints dan the aerlexs....at 150 yards pat wud be reeled in while i still wudnt be half way in wit aerlexs at the same distance....aerlexs 3.8:1 compared to longcasts 4.6:1 even the baby pits are 5.3:1...dats a big difference
Back to top Go down
buddi
I live to fish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2007-02-28

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2010, 01:07

yeah it takes longer to retrieve but its easier to peddle because of the low ratio .
Back to top Go down
david
Carp Hunter
david

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-04-04

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2010, 18:01

matt diawa emcasts have 4:6:1 ratio, wont break the bank either
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 02:45

save up and get the long casts mat, best reel on the market
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 08:25

Plus you can give up your gym membership coz they weigh an absolute ton!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 10:34

heavy is good
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
cod
Carp Hunter
cod

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-03-07

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 10:50

perfect for specimen roach or stalking situations.
Back to top Go down
philiphito
Carp Hunter
philiphito

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-03-14

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 11:54

perfect for long casting --bblc--- a single problem --not all the rods can support a reel like this---i have many friends with ncs and bblc but i am not sure if this reel will fit sonik rods for example....and this reels didn't come with spare spool!!it is ~25-30 £ one!!
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 12:14

The LC's are nearly 'Dan proof' (400,976.89 days of normal use to everyone else) so they will last you a lifetime.
Bit heavy, but they sit on bank sticks most of the time, or a pod if you bat for both sides.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wanted please Empty
PostSubject: Re: wanted please   wanted please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wanted please
Page 1 of 1