Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody been to Blavet?

Go down 
+3
popped up
56K Natas
George
7 posters
AuthorMessage
George
I'm getting into posting
George

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Anybody been to Blavet? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon May 24 2010, 15:24

Headin over to Blavet on June 12th. Anybody been there before?
Any info would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon May 24 2010, 15:38

Going in Oct for a late session can't wait Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
popped up
Top Specimen Hunter
popped up

Number of posts : 964
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon May 24 2010, 16:12

im sure matt was there
Back to top Go down
toyo
Tackle Tart
toyo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 08:45

going in augustAnybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06 2010, 16:19

Has anybody brought stuff for stick mixes on the plane?

Stuff like flavour, crumb, crushed boilie and small pellet mixed together.
Not sure whether to mix it up and bring it or to bring the sealed packs and mix it up over there. It'll be going in the cargo so it should be ok.

So has nobody on this site been to Blavet before?
Back to top Go down
toyo
Tackle Tart
toyo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 01:53

you can bring it on the plane once its in your (checked in bags). i think they (blavet) will only let you use there particals) the only bait im bringing is boilie. if i want partical ill buy it over there.
Back to top Go down
Blavet Valley Lakes
I post a bit

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 07:33

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not posting sooner - I have had problems with my computer connection (I am on dial up)

We are looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday - I will be meeting you at the airport (Hope none of you mind lady drivers)

As Toyo has said, we only allow our particles to be used now.
We do stock boilies (€12 per kg) and pellets, so if you are going to pay excess baggage, work out the cost.

Top rod so far this week is Garreth from Ipswich (14 fish including 5 x 30+'s up to 36lb - biggest out this week so far is 42lbs by Tony a 4th time visitor from Leyland.

There have been signs of the fishing getting ready to spawn this week, but nothing as yet. The fish always spawn late in our lake as we have deep margins so the water temperature takes long to heat up.

Matt, I will call you this week to check all is ok.

Bon Voyage guys

Berny, Gordon and Ross
Back to top Go down
http://www.blavetvalleylakes.com
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 15:26

Cheers for that. Knew about the particles anyway. Only thinkin for stuff for stick mixes. Hope they aren't spawning when we get there. If that was goin on at one of our local lakes when I arrived I'd turn and head home or to another lake. At least the world cup will be on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2010, 14:24

Blavet Valley Lakes wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sorry for not posting sooner - I have had problems with my computer connection (I am on dial up)

We are looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday - I will be meeting you at the airport (Hope none of you mind lady drivers)

As Toyo has said, we only allow our particles to be used now.
We do stock boilies (€12 per kg) and pellets, so if you are going to pay excess baggage, work out the cost.

Top rod so far this week is Garreth from Ipswich (14 fish including 5 x 30+'s up to 36lb - biggest out this week so far is 42lbs by Tony a 4th time visitor from Leyland.

There have been signs of the fishing getting ready to spawn this week, but nothing as yet. The fish always spawn late in our lake as we have deep margins so the water temperature takes long to heat up.

Matt, I will call you this week to check all is ok.

Bon Voyage guys

Berny, Gordon and Ross

look forward 2 hearing from u bernie........i hope the fish dont spawn while we are there but its out of our hands if they do.........
Back to top Go down
Blavet Valley Lakes
I post a bit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 14:37

Hi Matt,

Latest info is that the fish have still not spawned, we have had a lot of rain and the temperature has dropped a bit.

Garreth is still top rod with 24 carp on the bank up to 44lbs

But the best thing is ............

Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_eek Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_eek a new lake record mirror has been banked weighing in at 55lbs 0ozs

so now our lake has produced both a mirror and a common to 55lbs+

We do hope that our visitors from the forum have a great time with us.

All the very best guys and take care.

Berny, Gordon and Ross
Back to top Go down
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 14:49

Cant wait now. Only a few days to go. Just have to get my passport now.
Has anyone got one that I can borrow for a week or so ?

Bernie, Do you have a range of popups and flavours or do you just stock the boilies and particles. Just tryin to keep the luggage as light as possible.

Would love to see one of those big'ns comin out when we're there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 15:04

George wrote:
Cant wait now. Only a few days to go. Just have to get my passport now.
Has anyone got one that I can borrow for a week or so ?

Bernie, Do you have a range of popups and flavours or do you just stock the boilies and particles. Just tryin to keep the luggage as light as possible.

Would love to see one of those big'ns comin out when we're there.

pat has 2 george..1 dat says 30/04/72 an the real 1 30/04/52..so u cud hav ur choice Anybody been to Blavet? Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 15:06

Blavet Valley Lakes wrote:
Hi Matt,

Latest info is that the fish have still not spawned, we have had a lot of rain and the temperature has dropped a bit.

Garreth is still top rod with 24 carp on the bank up to 44lbs

But the best thing is ............

Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_eek Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_eek a new lake record mirror has been banked weighing in at 55lbs 0ozs

so now our lake has produced both a mirror and a common to 55lbs+

We do hope that our visitors from the forum have a great time with us.

All the very best guys and take care.

Berny, Gordon and Ross

cool bernie......happy days an hope we can get among some of the big girls.....roll on sat Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_bounce ......................
Back to top Go down
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 15:18

Think I'll take the one that says 30/4/52. I could easily change that 5 for an 8 with a black pen. Then just stick my picture on the spot. Job done.
Think I'd pass for 28.
Back to top Go down
Blavet Valley Lakes
I post a bit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 15:29

Hi George,

We stock all bait here - including pop-ups, dips, pastes etc.

An idea to safe weight in your luggage - share your toiletries, like shower get etc, or if not we sell all toiletries - you can share over here - just a thought.

And if you are all good - I will even offer to put the washing machine on for you guys.

Not long now.

Berny
Back to top Go down
Blavet Valley Lakes
I post a bit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 15:35

Hi George,

Just been reading your previous posts - re stick mix.

Only one guy using that this week and are only resident Sturgeon loves it - Ralph has caught it 3 times Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_rolleyes

Berny
Back to top Go down
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 15:38

Cheers Berny, That saves a lot of lookin around and last minute shoppin for bits. Anything to save the weight is a bonus.

Is it all mainline stuff you do?

Sturgeon sounds good, but the same fish 3 times in a week Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Blavet Valley Lakes
I post a bit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2010, 09:56

Hi George,

We stock mainline and and innovate baits and all has been working well.

Cheers Berny
Back to top Go down
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19 2010, 12:07

Who's been to blavet???

I have !!
What a holiday. All of us had great fish. Caught some truly colossal fish.
Everything from the venue itself right down to the food and hospitality of Gordon, Berny and Ross made it a truly memorable trip. Cant wait to go back.
The fish were spawning heavily right through the week and hitting a peak at the end of the week. So much so that I blanked for the last 3 days. Despite this the action was great. Gordon and Berny really do know their fishery and do their best to make your trip a great one.

I had 4 20's to 26lb 14oz, 2 30's to 37lb 6oz, a small one that I didn't weigh and a sturgeon at 23lb 8oz. Well pleased with that.

To all going this year... You will have the time of your life.

Last edited by George on Sun Jun 20 2010, 05:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulmc
Specimen Hunter
paulmc

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19 2010, 14:52

Im sure the check is on its way
Back to top Go down
George
I'm getting into posting
George

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2010, 04:52

Check ? what do you mean ?

Oh... you mean cheque... Ah yes now I get it. Good one.Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_biggrin

Anyway I dont do cheques. Cash only.Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
conrad
I post a bit

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21 2010, 06:47

had a great time in blavet with the lads food it was truly the best holiday with some great fish i had 3 30s to 36lbs 3 20s to 26lbs and a common of 50lbs 3oz
and a cat 24lbs it was a great fun and cant wait to go back next year thanks for the food it was great and the fishing and company was great.

thanks to gordon for all your help and some Extreme fishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Blavet?   Anybody been to Blavet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody been to Blavet?
Page 1 of 1