Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preserving fresh baits abroad

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Preserving fresh baits abroad Empty
PostSubject: Preserving fresh baits abroad   Preserving fresh baits abroad Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 07:59

Im going to France at the end of the summer and hoping to bring some fresh boilies with me. Can anyone tell me from their own experience if i was to airdry these baits would they last a full week? Or is there any other methods to preserve fresh baits?
Back to top Go down
Niall Walker
Specimen Hunter
Niall Walker

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Preserving fresh baits abroad   Preserving fresh baits abroad Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 10:03

Ray find out if they have a freezer over there, if so problem solved.
Back to top Go down
cod
Carp Hunter
cod

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Preserving fresh baits abroad   Preserving fresh baits abroad Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 12:55

If you airdry them properly and keep them in a paper bag they will last for months, I'm currently doing this for a "family" holiday to france. I'll re-hydrate them over there as needed with some lake water and a few extra treatsPreserving fresh baits abroad Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
philiphito
Carp Hunter
philiphito

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Preserving fresh baits abroad   Preserving fresh baits abroad Icon_minitimeTue May 25 2010, 13:39

rock salt if are not dry ed and you don't have fridge !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preserving fresh baits abroad   Preserving fresh baits abroad Icon_minitimeWed May 26 2010, 07:28

Thanks for the info lads. Fair play. That will certainly help me on my trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preserving fresh baits abroad   Preserving fresh baits abroad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preserving fresh baits abroad
Page 1 of 1