Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

best internet privider?

Go down 
+6
david
paulmc
flanders
colinhealy79
vin10
pat mac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pat mac
Tackle Tart
pat mac

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2006-09-24

best internet privider? Empty
PostSubject: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 10:31

whats the best internet provider out there lads
i have eircom and its a load of crap , cant use lap top and ps3 at same time , rang them about 100 times and still not working like it should
any one happy with there provider?
Back to top Go down
vin10
Carp Angler
vin10

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 10:45

I have eircom and have absolutely no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 10:49

im having problem like that too pat i think its more to do with the port thats on the ps3 its like one thinks the other is the main computer easy to sort out just tell your other half to get off the laptop when your playing games online or if you customise your internet conection on the ps3 and give it a differnt port could be miles off though ,
oh and upc inernet is tops,vuze is a great bitta kit for the laptop to download and stream movies to the ps3
Back to top Go down
flanders
I live to fish
flanders

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 10:57

smart if you can get it in your area
Back to top Go down
pat mac
Tackle Tart
pat mac

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 11:20

just on to eircom again!
sending out a second engineer, this time i was told there is a problem with the line so will wait and see what happens, if its dosent get sorted ill be moving providers

Last edited by pat mac on Tue Jan 25 2011, 11:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pat mac
Tackle Tart
pat mac

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 11:21

Back to top Go down
paulmc
Specimen Hunter
paulmc

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 12:33

Has to be some thing to do with the line pat i have two ps3s running and the laptop in the house on eircom and every things fine.
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 14:27

www.speedtest.net test your line pat,whats happening are you keep getting disconected on the ps3
Back to top Go down
pat mac
Tackle Tart
pat mac

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 14:51

every time i check the speed test its different, the laptop drops the connection and the ps3 drops it even more, eircom engineer should be here in 1-3 days so hopefully he will sort it out, not holding my breath
will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
david
Carp Hunter
david

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2011, 15:06

get yourself a wireless repeater. problem solved
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26 2011, 10:14

whats that david
Back to top Go down
david
Carp Hunter
david

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26 2011, 12:12

basically it boosts your wireless signal allowing you to use several things at the one time,
ie: playing the ps3 online while someone is on a laptop.
They start off around 70 euro and go up to a 100 euro +
net-gear do a decent one for around 80-90 quid
solved it for me anyways
Back to top Go down
pat mac
Tackle Tart
pat mac

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26 2011, 14:06

cheers for the advice
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2011, 12:23

try looking into UPC and see is it avaiable in your area. I have a 25meg line and phone for €50 a month. I've never had any problems with them. It's alot cheaper then eircom,
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2011, 13:08

UPC, i sell the stuff and cant tell ya that it is the dogs b*llox

They are a bit slow if u have a problem. and if ur currently on UPC,ring them as their increasing alot of peoples speed for the same money
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2011, 13:45

If you want reliable congestion free broadband it's Eircom NGB, if you are going with UPC ensure it's on a Fibre network or it can be a bit funky on the old copper cable lines.
If you are having connection problems upgrade your router to a wireless N.

Back to top Go down
TonyMc
Carp Hunter
TonyMc

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2011, 07:55

Got NGB up to 8 MB in November. The guy who called around selling told me that in Jan they will be moving everyone onto NGB 20 MB so i was happy. I have checked the speeds and it has never went above 5 to 6MB. Our online streaming is c4ap and buffers all the time.

We rang the customer support and they told us to get onto technical support who told us we have 5MB because of our line and it wont support above 5MB. They then said they had never said or planned to bring everyone uip to 20MB in Jan.

We then emailed in a complaint to Customer support and the contracts department and got a generic reply saying "In regards to your query, we do not support browsing speed issues via email" and to contact technical support.

Im Pizzed off now at being caught kicking myself i didnt go with UPC. The only reason i moved off the metior stick is so the missus could watch foreign TV online, Ie streaming..
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2011, 14:39

The meteor mobile broadband is the worst of the mobile broadbands ive seen. The software once installed ended up slowing up my laptop big time till an update came available for the software.
o2 is the way to go for the mobile BB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2011, 14:45

[quote="Scott Loughnane"]The meteor mobile broadband is the worst of the mobile broadbands ive seen. The software once installed ended up slowing up my laptop big time till an update came available for the software.
o2 is the way to go for the mobile BB[/quotebut some areas in the country o2 doesnt work i have three mobile down in the west it works ok , a bit slow but works
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2011, 14:52

granted. o2 isnt the best in the west. i kinda meant, where signal allows, on a whole - o2 is the best of the bunch
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2011, 06:32

upc just upgraded mine to 20 mb for free i was paying for 15mb
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2011, 07:25

did the same for me bro. Their trying to retain as much customers, and sign em up for another 12 months. Alot of competition out there at the mo. Did u not look into getting the vodafone at home Col?
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2011, 09:28

whats that just bb
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29 2011, 09:43

BB and home landline. you get a discount if you added it on to your account
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30 2011, 02:00

it would want to be good for me to leave upc,cant fault them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best internet privider?   best internet privider? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best internet privider?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Stuff :: Non Carp Banter-
Jump to: