Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

spod and marker setup?

Go down 
+4
Scott Loughnane
vin10
Dub
shimkel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
shimkel
Carp Angler
shimkel

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-18

spod and marker setup? Empty
PostSubject: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 06:34

hi lads,looking to get a dedicated spod and marker set up.big pit reels preferred but don't have to be top of the line!!!was looking at the mitchell avocet 6500 reels from erics angling but they are sold out??they also told me that the chub outkast spod rods have ben discontinued???i fish with outkast rods so to get the spod and marker would be nice!!
any info or advice appreciated,
cheers..........
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 06:50

Pm sent....
Back to top Go down
vin10
Carp Angler
vin10

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 06:59

Pm lad...
Back to top Go down
shimkel
Carp Angler
shimkel

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 07:49

cheers vin,spod rod sorted and hopefully will be able to get the matching marker rod.so now that just leaves the reels!! bounce also i just got definite word that chub are discontinuing the outkast range of rods!!
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 09:46

Jim stay well away from them fecking Mitchell reels. My mate had 4, and after 3 months 3 of them were f*cked! Gear's went on em.

Would u not try pick up a daiwa emblem S? Get them 2nd hand on the forums in the UK for about £30, and it'll last ya years. Have one for my Marker and one for the spod.
Back to top Go down
popped up
Top Specimen Hunter
popped up

Number of posts : 964
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 11:54

use 4 avocet 6500 at the moment. year and a bit now no problems to date. maybe how you treat em i suppose. used mine in france last year and so far cant fault them at all. i use 1 of them solely for seas fishing too so it gets used hard. as i said no problems to date
hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Tench/Carp Man
I live to fish
Tench/Carp Man

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 12:08

Jim I have a nash outlaw marker rod you can have for 30€ if ya like. Its in perfect.
Back to top Go down
shimkel
Carp Angler
shimkel

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 12:42

pm sent
Back to top Go down
fullirish87
I don't post much
fullirish87

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 14:41

Have a Mitchell Avocet Big Surf 6500FD Front Drag Reel (capacity 300m of 15lb) pm for details
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23 2011, 19:36

Greys Marker Rods and Spod Rods on sale at minute for £59stg. Emblem S reel for 49 or Shimano Aerlex going for 55. Bound to get the two for a ton if you ring Mark. No offence to anyone on here or their choice in reels but if it's spodding you're going for, I'd stick to one of the well-known workhorse reels like the Aerlex. It's been on the sea fishing scene for donkey's years now and is as tough as can be. Sea fishing will do a lot more damge and put gear through it's paces far more than we do but spodding will test your kit. Personally I'd go for the Aerlex model for the extra few quid. Pay the money now and buy quality or else you'll be chasing your tail having to re-purchase again during the summer.
http://www.dansononline.co.uk/acatalog/DealsMonth.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spod and marker setup?   spod and marker setup? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spod and marker setup?
Page 1 of 1