Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Van rentals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 01:56

Any of ye rent a van ever for trips to France, if so what company would u recommend?
Thanks Churchy
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 08:47

Paul c and a few other lads rent a van each year they come to france so he might be able to give the name and number. I looked into it years ago and if I remember insurance was an issue and they would not let me take it out of the country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
churchy
Carp Angler

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 07:01

Thanks Dan il get on to him and get some info
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 07:35

Dave we thinking of a up and coming trip????
How are things any fishing???
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 13:17

Hey Dave,

It was a case of knowing someone well to get the van and take it abroad for the last few years. Our normal guy's business is closed now and this year we had to rent from Avis. Getting Insurance is a bloody minefield and we had to call in a few favours to be able to leave the country with the van. I can't even remember what story was concocted but we managed to get it for the trip in the end thank God. As the old van was a crew cab, the Avis Rental was only a three seater and we had to book an extra car onto the ferries less than 48 hours before we left.

If at all possible, try to borrow one from someone you may know, maybe give them your car for the week or so while you're away. If that person's van is commercially insured, the easiest way to get around the insurance is to get yourself added as a named driver on the van owners insurance. This will cost between 50 and 70 quid but it's worth it for having all the extra space.
Back to top Go down
churchy
Carp Angler

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 14:44

Thanks for the info Paul, the missus has paid for myself and herself to fish in France for wk for my 30th then on for a bit of sightseeing (her part of the hol lol) so car will probably b bit of a sqeeze.
Glen what's the craic man hope your well and still hauling. I've done just 7 nights so far this yr but had a few fish nothing massive but really enjoying it as much as ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Van rentals  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van rentals    Van rentals  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van rentals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Waters :: Carp Fishing Abroad-
Jump to: