Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canon lens

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andy d
Carp Angler
andy d

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 22:54

Hello all. I have a canon 450d I only have the standard lens that came with it. I'd like to up the anti a bit but not one that is a foot long any help on which one I should buy would be great cheers
Back to top Go down
Nerijus26
Carp Hunter
Nerijus26

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11 2013, 07:32

well Andy i have canon eos 550d with standard lens, and i have bought low light lens as 50mm 1,8f is light and compact not the best in that range but it do the job for me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.carp-fishing.lt
stephen penders
I don't post much
stephen penders

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12 2013, 04:16

The good canon lenses are a bit pricey. Have a look at sigma, tamron and tokina lenses for canon. I use a tamron 17-50 2.8 (the non vr version) on my Nikon. It only cost around €380 second hand, compared to the €1200 Nikon equivalent and its a great wee zoom.
Back to top Go down
buddi
I live to fish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12 2013, 17:01

the canon stuff is very good but pricey , but that said , if your serious about sticking at it its the same as fishing gear buy the good stuff and do it once .
the camera body is pretty much disposable in the long term (5-10yr) but good glass can last literally a lifetime . With that I mind I bought a few lens that I havent changed when I traded up bodies from 350 -450 and then 60d .

you hear a lot of people talking about fixed or prime 50mm for trophy work but the truth is there are too long on a crop sensor body , great on full frame. it would be better to choose something around the 30mm mark for your camera . I have a 50mm 1;4 on mine and its a great lens but not for trophy shots esp in a tight swim .

mid range zooms or gp walkaround lens are great ,which would include your kit lens @18-55mm , for around a ton secondhand you can pick up an older series 28-105 which is a great lens at a sensible budget , has a little more reach and much better build quality .

longer zooms ...........hmm everybody wants more reach , which can be hideously expensive esp if your wanting to hand hold as opposed to using a tripod . the reason for this is IS or image stabilisation. if you have anything close to a 200mm on the camera it is virtually impossible to hold the thing still enough at full reach , is solves this prob and doubles the price of the lens .......my 70-200 f4 l is rated as one of the best around for image quality cost around 400 quid and is next to usless without a tripod , the IS version of it was £750 and those prices were secondhand .

if your new to the whole dslr thing my top pick would be a good expanded guide , it simplifies all the menus and whether your new to it or not are very worthwhile , I have them for both the dslr and compact .
Back to top Go down
andy d
Carp Angler
andy d

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2013, 00:28

It just as well it's our first Christmas married to each other so she can't really say no to a new lens lol cheers cheers for the help lads
Back to top Go down
buddi
I live to fish

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2013, 02:00

have a wee look on gumtree and ebay for an idea of the best prices , and take a look at the review sites for the best buys and comparison tests , camera buffs are a wee bit like us carp anglers and some of them tend to change gear pretty regularly .

if I hadn't just been robbed , I would have been offering you a lovely 28-110 , which would have been perfect but as it is I now cant afford to upgrade to the 24-100 f4 l which is about 5 x the price
Back to top Go down
pikeboy
I don't post much

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: upgrading lens   Canon lens  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2013, 02:52

be careful andy ,, alot of the new cameras have new lens to suit , the old ones arent always compattable to the newer camera s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canon lens  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon lens    Canon lens  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canon lens
Page 1 of 1