Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Canaria

Go down 
+2
56K Natas
fisherman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fisherman
I don't post much

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2007, 08:38

First time on a sun holiday starting next Saturday. Has anyone any experience of any fishing on this island - any fishing considered rather than watching beauties go by on the beach. Resort is on the south of the island.
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2007, 10:18

Thats 2 posts in the same day fisherman (you feeling O.K). I know there was a post about it before but I deleted it by mistake,I'm sure someone will have some info for you . Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2007, 10:32

the name of the carp lake is lake chira i think!!
i think there is pictures in the gallery angling lines used to do trips maybee they still do
Back to top Go down
al
Carp Angler
al

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2007, 13:39

My granda lives there he said the carp are easy to catch and it is well advertised in the main towns for guided trips.Take some decent bait with you and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2007, 15:40

Oddy fished there about 10 years ago. Send him a PM. I remember his slideshow about it up at Templeogue a few years back, legs covered in leeches etc. He made the Tackle Box catalogue with one of the photos!
Back to top Go down

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2007, 11:01

http://www.grancanariacarping.com/

I've been twice in the past few years. The main land owner is this guy Augustine. He is a gentleman and he speaks good english. He also has basic but good accomadation on his farm house. I would strongly advise you bring at least your own terminal tackle. And if you can your own rod and baitrunner.

We have tried bringing a wide variety of bait but have only caught well on sweetcorn which can easily be bought at the local shop.

Please email me if you want to ask anything.. You should do well..

Last edited by on Thu Aug 09 2007, 11:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2007, 11:03

oOOPPs forgot to mention there are a few of our pics in the non irish section of the gallery..
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09 2007, 11:47

I have a 13ft fox 3.5lb travel rod if it is any good to you Fisherman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
fisherman
I don't post much

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2007, 01:17

Thanks to all for the info and thanks Natas for the offer of the rod - I'll ring you later today. Opportunities may be limited as my carp fishing skills are ANCIENT and it's meant to be a family holiday. Any fishing will be opportunistic at best. I will chase up on that lake though
Back to top Go down
aidan
I don't post much

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: the canary island   Grand Canaria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 14:05

just returned from holidays on sunday.unbelievable fishing went for a days fishing to a lake up in the mountains through a english lad ,dave set up his own company(sorry about spelling)its running 5 years he will pick u up and drop u back, food bait and rod hire all for 70 euros for 8hrs .and i no what your think did he catch well i didnt but helpped a english lad land a 42 pound common,in 47dergees.

have a look at the web page

www.costadelcarping.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Canaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Canaria   Grand Canaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Canaria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Waters :: Carp Fishing Abroad-
Jump to: