Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bluebell complex,peterborough

Go down 
+2
colin333
garyjay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
garyjay
Carp Angler
garyjay

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-02-08

bluebell complex,peterborough Empty
PostSubject: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 00:28

any1 ever fished kingfisher or swan lake,plannin to do 7 nights end of may
Back to top Go down
colin333
Carp Angler
colin333

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2006-10-07

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 03:26

Did brooksie have Benson from there at 60 odd pounds,i think its turn up and fish did not think you could book it,
Back to top Go down
garyjay
Carp Angler
garyjay

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 12:04

thats the place col,it cant be booked, its a turn up and take your chance job....we have been keepin in contact with the fishery and we should be ok.....swan lake has 2 @ 50+ and a common not too far off,its said to be a real ball buster
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 12:25

Swan has the lumps these days alright. From when Brooksy and rob fished it I got a good bit of info on it. Top rod on it was a bloke called tony, and he was just emptying the place on zigs and black foam, or just anything black that floated! He even cut a piece off his runner and threw it out!

Kingfisher next door has more fish as far as I remember. Rob had a cracking 10 second clip of fish topping over a guy opposite baited patch. 3 30 plus commons crash out 1 after another over 20 kilo of hemp the bloke had put out. Makes sense, commons - small food items. Dunno what hook bait he had on but he blanked. So ye, I wouldn't say it's the easiest of venues.

Gets pretty busy down there from what I read in the press. Full of good looking fish, where ever they came from. Brooksies capture of Benson was it 2nd biggest weight, at 63lbs.
For those that never saw it. His moment..
bluebell complex,peterborough A943ebac
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 12:45

Thats my dream Common in Derek's arms....................Super Picture Scott Smile
Back to top Go down
trigger-06
I'm getting into posting
trigger-06

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 12:57

Scott are you not gonna put up the picture of rob holding benson aswell?lol....haven't fished with brooks ie this years,no doubt I'll bump into this summer and hear about this capture again
Back to top Go down
garyjay
Carp Angler
garyjay

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 13:11

cheers scot,any info is welcome
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 13:20

Couldn't do it fella, he doesn't even pick up a rod these days. Shame, such a gift. Into his motorcross now, and kicking ass at that. Winning his league, up against 20 year olds n all Very Happy
Motorcross 'king' now Very Happy

Just snippets I remember Gary. While they were there Rob witnesses The Creature coming out to a floater at a spawned out weight of 45lbs! Shocked
Had been out two wks previous at 59

Last edited by Scott Loughnane on Fri Apr 27 2012, 11:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garyjay
Carp Angler
garyjay

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 01:03

would have been nice to have caught her but you would have been slightly disappointed at her weight.......where did you catch the fish in your avatar scot,crackin looking fish
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 02:04

It's the Big Plated out of St.Johns on the Linear Complex. The water has really come on again since then. 6 40's right time of year, and loads of upper 30's that weren't even 30 back in 2007. Some of the old ones stacking on the weight too. When I was over there was 30 * 30's, I'd say u could add another 15-20 now.

Surprised u didnt think bout Linear. Shorter trip from the ferry. Manor has 9 40's in it, two are Linear's. The big one has the frame to 45-50 before spawning. Last out to Ian Russell at 44
Back to top Go down
garyjay
Carp Angler
garyjay

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 11:40

we were considering it but something kept drawing us to bluebell,my mate heard that a few lads had lost their gear as they slept.....unsure if its true but it put him off a bit.We may come home with our tails between our legs but were gonna give it a go...crackin fish that big plated what weight did she go for you
Back to top Go down
Scott Loughnane
Top Specimen Hunter
Scott Loughnane

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 12:32

44.6 Gary. Was expecting her to be upper 30 as most of the stock had spawned the wkend before I arrived. She had grazed her stomach, and seemingly stopped.
Weight was irrelivent when they look like that but it was nice it being a Complex record. Just a bit of bonus really, and luck had a huge part in it..
The place was hit bad last year with tackle thieves, even going as far as going into bivvys and knocking off the reciever to stop the anti theft device on the alarms going off! Scumbags
Hit a load of waters around Oxford and the Cotswolds.

Richard 'cash' Farnan recently had his shed(in the sticks of the wolds), broken into and all his gear taken. They left a message on a mirror, 'cheers for the gear Cash!'
Cheeky f*ckers tried doing it again last wk!

On a brighter note, the upper 40 common in swan is called 'the northern common' I think so your half way there! Very Happy
Check out http://www.carpforum.co.uk , should be a good bit of info on there bout Bluebell. If ur stuck for a bite, drop down to Drayton Res on the final day and fill ur boots. Ain't far
Back to top Go down
OisinMac
Carp Hunter
OisinMac

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2012, 09:34

Its happening pretty frequently over there alright, matt hayes got ever bit of tackle he owned nicked out of his shed last summer. You'd be sickened.

Cant Linear supply sensor alarms for outside the bivvy though? It mentions them somewhere in the latest catalogue they produced. Also said theyre workin on stocking a UV pen or something that enables you to write your name on your gear so if it ever does go missing and turns up somewhere you can prove its yours by shining a UV light over it.

What puts me off Linear is not being able to get a swim! Nice fish all the same..the 'korda team' are there at the minute filming another underwater feature.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1751911239
garyjay
Carp Angler
garyjay

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2012, 14:40

i would be a light sleeper and my claw hammer will be close by incase a peg or 2 needs battering Wink scot thats a fish to be well proud of.....the northern common would be just fantastic as i just cant get an english caught 30 common, doing my head in now......keep gettin close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bluebell complex,peterborough   bluebell complex,peterborough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bluebell complex,peterborough
Page 1 of 1