Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bait boat tragedy :(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Bait boat tragedy :(  Empty
PostSubject: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 12:44

My bait boat died a horrible death Wednesday Crying or Very sad , so I have a waverunner controller and solar panel there if anyone is interested Smile
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 12:45

david dolan wrote:
My bait boat died a horrible death Wednesday Crying or Very sad , so I have a waverunner controller and solar panel there if anyone is interested Smile
what happened Dave please tell more Exclamation
Back to top Go down
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 12:55

Fishing the Dam in Leixlip on the Liffey , sent the boat out because of there stupid one hook rule , something got caught in the blades and it just start spinning towards the Dam could do nothing about it , got sucked in after been battered around for twenty minutes , ah well its gone now at least I can still cast Laughing !!!
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 12:57

Bad luck lad...........Expensive loss
Back to top Go down
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 13:00

Sure was , but as I said I can still cast ,time to move on no point in dwelling on crap luck makes it worse on yourself ,, Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter T
Carp Hunter

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 15:12

That one hook rule sounds like fun...... Clearly designed for anglers by anglers Rolling Eyes ..... Jaysus its near 20 years since I cast a line in Leixlip reservoir Shocked .......always was a bit of mystery left there due to the poor access....I never had a bait boat though......
Back to top Go down
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 15:32

Taught the Pike might be there this time of year the water is shallow near the dam , easy to get too now mate to be honest , yea the Irish fishery board came down and made sure I took two of the three barbed hooks of the Pike rig each end , I said it will probably cause the Pike more damage as I will have to let it take the bait longer in order to hook it and it may cause it more damage , and then asked him how was it fishing here that I have not fished here for a while I mainly do Carp fishing he replied he has not seen any Carp come out yet ??? he arrives down in his gear and jeep and his knowledge of the river he is protecting is zero , and I said I doubt the trout boys be too happy with carp in there waters they seem to control every lake and river in the country , I seen I hit a nerve with him then and he fucked off ,, lol
Back to top Go down
Peter T
Carp Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 14:05

They are twats - I don't get how they can enforce a rule like that for coarse fish - I wonder what the legal status? Safer - dont make me laugh, gillnetting, Pike electrofishing and the byelaws allow us kill small ones and specimens - they are so full of it. Other end near the airfield has extensive shallows and weed...
Back to top Go down
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 04:35

Its just so you dont harm there precious trout , 150 euro fine he said if I cast out a normal Pike rig , not trying to be argumentative but there was three foreign lads fishing near me and not a word did he say to them !!!
Back to top Go down
Peter T
Carp Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 06:47

They rarely do I found - it's easier for them to target the Irish taxpayer.....only in Ireland. Pikiing has nothing to do with Trout and it's a mixed fishery so if its a bye law then they have pretty much banned effective Pike fishing there.
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 06:52

Peter T wrote:
They rarely do I found - it's easier for them to target the Irish taxpayer.....only in Ireland. Pikiing has nothing to do with Trout and it's a mixed fishery so if its a bye law then they have pretty much banned effective Pike fishing there.
Here here Peter good post Idea
Back to top Go down
Peter T
Carp Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 07:31

And the gas thing is I have caught a number of very big trout on pike rigs - not one deep hooked, go figure.....I think I might have been a tad argumentative lol......wouldn't be my first run in with them on such things....civil servants they are and to check you and not others is verging on selective harassment and I might have suggested reporting them too....had they refused to check those other guys.....
Back to top Go down
scullier
I'm getting into posting

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: .   Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 09:04

Just to get the proper info out there not sticking up for IFI boys

the one hook rule is a salmon rule because the liffey is a salmon water. It is supposed to be single barbless hooks only.

Back to top Go down
Peter T
Carp Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 10:57

Yeah but its also a MIXED fishery where coarse and pike fishing is allowed - therefore anglers should be allowed fish properly.... Especially the Dam.....its a bit different if using spoons etc where a salmon might be caught...
Back to top Go down
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 13:37

And plus if they where that concerned about the fish they would get rid of the pile of rubbish gathered in the corner of the Dam and they would do something to the builders when they poured meters of concrete into the edge of it , looking for an easy buck is all they are doing , and before they start dishing out laws to anglers to should have some knowledge of the river !!! he had not a funking clue ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bait boat tragedy :(    Bait boat tragedy :(  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bait boat tragedy :(
Page 1 of 1