Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derek Brookes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark McGivern
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-01-03

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 12:13

Does anyone know how Derek is keeping,haven't heard anything about him.
Back to top Go down
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 00:19

Yes would also love to know, great guy. Hope he's still fishing away catching plenty as ever. Unfortunately I've not seen him in few yrs & have lost touch with him as we ended up fishing different lakes which normally happens in this game. His list of double figure fish from different irish water is impressive & he's such nice man to fish with . Someone might pop reply up here or even a pm would b great.
Thanks
Churchy
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 01:44

he dropped in on the bog lough about a month ago had bit of a chat with him, seemed his old self but he said he's not doing any fishing at all, hard to motivate yourself at that age and after his list of captures he dropped by the time before as well so id imagine he drops in there quite often,one of the lads that fish there regular should have a number for him I'm sure he'd appreciate a call, i think he does enjoy talking lol!
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 02:26

Yes as Colin said he drops down to the bog Lough every few weeks for a coffee and a chat he hasn't fished at all this year the health is going against him along with age
Derek's number 0871351630
Back to top Go down
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 02:44

Cheers lads
Back to top Go down
Mark McGivern
Carp Angler

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Derek   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 03:14

Thanks men,I will give him a call.
Back to top Go down
robsmont
Noddy
robsmont

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-03

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 08:10

Hi Mark. How's things?
I was over in April and called in to see him. He seemed his old self. Did seem to lack his drive for fishing.
Rob
Back to top Go down
Mark McGivern
Carp Angler

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2014, 04:58

Alright Rob,spoke to Derek the other day,it is amazing how time flies. We often used to argue so many times, but I will always be grateful the time you came round to Gaulmoylestown with the photos from B'Fid,great days. I remember arguing at length one time about the bent hook rig and how it was the best thing since sliced bread and that with only a few carp anglers in the country, any damage as a result of using such rigs would be of the minimal. You stated quite clearly that as carp fishing would inevitably the damage would be severe, you were very right. I run an angling charity now and we have our own pond with quite a few carp in it. I brought down the bent hook rig identical to the one I once swore by and guess what I wouldn't dream of using such a rig now.
Just returned back from the Lough,there last week,caught a few. Changed times indeed.
Derek tells me you left fishing then came back to it-Tight Lines mate.
Mark
Back to top Go down
robsmont
Noddy
robsmont

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-03

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 02:53

Are you on facebook? If so look me up. Rob Coleman
Robs.sherco@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derek Brookes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Brookes   Derek Brookes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derek Brookes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Stuff :: For Sale / Wanted-
Jump to: