Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Etang de Margot

Go down 
+3
56K Natas
stemcd
Paul C.
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 11:29

A wee bit of old news but may be handy for the lads heading over in a few weeks and may help Denis sleep at night. Wink

'News just in from Michel Bigot the owner of Margot.

He netted the lake last week to undertake routine fishery management. He took out 2.5 tonnes of Poisson Chat & about the same amount of silver fish. This will ease the problems the Chat have been causing with the carp baits no end!'
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 11:35

cheers for the update Paul might let me sleep at night knowing that some of the little menaces are taken out and not munching on my boilies. Sleep Hopfully it might be a little on the cold side so they don't go on the munch to bad.
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 11:43

Just the sturgeon left to melt your head now. affraid Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 11:56

Here is a Pic of a Fish Tommy K had on Margot last year to help you sleep. :shock:

Etang de Margot 25koi10
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 12:25

But the sturgeon give a good fight unlike the little chats Evil or Very Mad
That koi is lovly thanks for wetting my apatite even more lads i can't wait
to get over there Very Happy my last trip to france was a nightmare went to paridisehunters you probably all know the story with that one, so margot will be heaven compared to that, even if i blank Shocked well done tommy thats a smashing looking fish.
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 13:42

Should we throw up some more photos from the trip Natas? Maybe Niall's Grassie, some of the cats etc? Or maybe just leave them in the Photobucket file and people can see them there?
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 14:51

go on then paul put up a few pics of the cats plus all info on the tactics used to catch them nice one. lol! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 15:18

I'll get on it tomorrow. Up for work at half six. Need sleep.

One thing though, get onto the deeper water, 5-8 feet produced most of the bigger fish so an echo sounder would be invaluable.
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 15:26

thanks for that paul i'll have a look on tomorrow for the pics, i'll have a echo sounder with me for the boat on the lake so i'll look out for that. Very Happy do you know what baits the cats where caught on? i'm bringing hallibut pellits with me all sizes about 10kg,going to put one rod just for the cats.
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2007, 16:48

Here you go stem Niall Walker with a nice grass Carp.

Etang de Margot 28niall
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20 2007, 08:15

that's smashing i'd say she went like a torpedo when he hooked it.
I can't wait to get on the banks and have a go. cheers i met niall on decoy during the abby anglers match last year nice bloke, it's good to put a face with a name. nice one Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DENIS
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-12-14

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05 2007, 00:10

Paul,
Heard about the chats alright,thats a lot of them out, but what is left behind. They should not affect us at the time of year we are going..We seem to be the first lads on the lake for the year. Should be some fun. broke all my P.B.S there last year, cats , sturgeon and mirror, looking for some commons and grassies this year..

As u say the quest crab worked well last year, there is a new improoved one for this year. But it might be a tad cold for it when we arrive, might go fruity dont know yet
Regards,
Denis................................................ Cool
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

Number of posts : 1957

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05 2007, 14:43

read an article in crafty carper,red hot margot.two guy,s fished it in may last year.and were getting stick from chat,s .one fishing for 3 hrs with bare hooks.not even wrapped baits kept the little beggers off.michel told them to try tigers, as the chats cant stand them.judging by the photo,s it worked a treat,using multiple tigerson a hair,a blow back ring,and a cork ball.prooved too much of a mouthfull to eject.have a good one lads. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05 2007, 14:55

Cheers for that mike Very Happy hopfully at the time of year were going the chats might not be feeding to hard with it being cooler. i think i'm going to take a good mixture of bait with me and see whats working then order more bait on the lake but tigers are a must i think. lol!
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

Number of posts : 1957

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05 2007, 15:15

at the end of the day,the guy,s said they wouldn,t buy the french tigers again,but would make sure of taking dynamite baits tigers on return trip.
Back to top Go down

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19 2007, 02:21

3 x mini-tigers stacked with a 10mm cork is a nice hookbait - don't need a large hook either, size 8 should be enough, Richworths Tigernut flavour is good for boosting the hookers - not too much mind.
Back to top Go down
stemcd
I post a bit
stemcd

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2007, 15:49

only 5 days left till were off to the banks of Margot can't wait bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2007, 00:00

Fish the Swim left of the Lodge (midway between lodge door and the corner swim by the gate) if you can. All the deeper water is out in front of you. We found spots to 8 ft and that's where I had the 39lb12oz on the last morning. I hope one of you guys gets the big common and say hello to the sturgeon for us!
Back to top Go down
chrisbonnie
Specimen Hunter
chrisbonnie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2006-10-07

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2007, 07:42

margot, is that where kordas show, "thinking tackle" was done?

if so, they caught ALL THEIR fish on a single tiger nut
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2007, 07:47

No, I think that was a different lake. Both are stunning venues though.
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2007, 09:36

Ya guys enjoy La Whore and La Tramp which were the names we gave the sturgeon after nearly every one of us caught them Razz
Back to top Go down
pat mac
Tackle Tart
pat mac

Number of posts : 370

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2007, 09:52

have a good trip lads , hope the frogs dont keep ye awake all night!!!!!
if ye meet up with le tramp and le hoare give them my best!!!!!!
Cool Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
DENIS
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-12-14

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Four days and counting   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03 2007, 15:12

Four days and counting.....
Packing the last of the gear away tonight. Three night shifts left in work and then its off to France........................... Very Happy
Regards,
Denis....................... Cool
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2007, 00:59

Best of luck to the party from everyone back here. Lucky gits!
Back to top Go down

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2007, 15:11

have a great trip and tight lines Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Etang de Margot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etang de Margot   Etang de Margot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Etang de Margot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next