Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ferry bookings

Go down 
+6
toyo
kruger
Blavet Valley Lakes
Paul C.
MIKE B
churchy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2010, 15:20

just wondering when is best time to book ferry to france for next yr and whats the average cost. about 350euro for cabin car and 2people, is this good/bad price?
Also are irish ferries the only company to sale with.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2006-12-20

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2010, 15:26

were looking to book our own trip for next year but celtic link and irish ferries have no timetable out for may yet.Its only going as far as january ATM.Costs vary with celtic probably the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2010, 15:32

The special offers come out in January with the new Timetables. I'd wait til then Churchy.
Back to top Go down
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2010, 02:40

Thanks lads i think irish ferries now have their dates up. i have never heard of the other company so will check that out
Back to top Go down
Blavet Valley Lakes
I post a bit

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-23

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2010, 10:54

Hi Guys,

If it helps any members on here I have a discount code for Brittany Ferries, It will only save you about 10%, but better than nothing.

Just let me know if I can help.

Cheers Berny

www.blavetvalleylakes.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.blavetvalleylakes.com
kruger
Carp Hunter
kruger

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2007-03-06

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2010, 11:52

Return leg of journey booked with Irish ferries today
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 12:23

Celtic Link timetables for may are up.Just booked.
Back to top Go down

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 12:34

celtic ferries are cheaper but have you seen the ferries lads ?
Back to top Go down
toyo
Tackle Tart
toyo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-15

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 12:43

michael wrote:
celtic ferries are cheaper but have you seen the ferries lads ?
whats the story with them?
Back to top Go down

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 13:02

nothing really, just that a mate of mine was on one last year and said it was like some thing from world war two they are really old compared to irish ferries oh and he did say if rust is your hobby thats the way to go bon voyage mate !
Back to top Go down
toyo
Tackle Tart
toyo

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-15

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 13:09

better bring a life jacket Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 13:16

Often describbed as a truckers cafe on the high sea's.......
Back to top Go down

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 13:26

I suppose it gets you there but if you have any extra space id sure as hell make sure you had a dinghy that you normally use for rowing out baits with you Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
kruger
Carp Hunter
kruger

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 13:55

Both Irish ferries and Celtic link ferries are same price. Both were booked at different times and ended up as same price for trip over and for trip home.
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 14:25

michael wrote:
I suppose it gets you there but if you have any extra space id sure as hell make sure you had a dinghy that you normally use for rowing out baits with you Laughing Laughing Laughing
It gets us there on the day we want to be there.irish ferries dont sail on the thursday.So its celtic goin and irish comin home.used them this year,Basic but ok.Its a ferrie you tarts.
Back to top Go down

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 15:40

its the ryan air of ferries mike , no frills but does the job .
Back to top Go down
colin333
Carp Angler
colin333

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2006-10-07

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17 2011, 06:38

I take it most people go through Cherbourg?
Rosscoff is a bit further away.
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17 2011, 14:03

Stuck with the Celtic Ferries crossing on the Thursday night again also Mike. Oscar Wilde on the way home again. I'm bloody dreading that Celtic ferry, I think I'll bring a few sleepers and hit the bunk early. Remember Clash of the Titans with the "Please Replace Bulb" across the screen for the whole film. Thank God for Jack Daniels!!

Roscoff is a 4 hours shorter ferry but it's about 3 hours behind roadwise from where you'd join, around Le Mans if I remember correctly. Roads are fine once you reach St. Brieuc after getting off at Roscoff.
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17 2011, 14:29

OH yea id completly forgotten about the film,what a waste of 7euro. lol! I do remember arriving at Rosslare and seeing a big shag off ferry,thinkin f,kin A,Only to find out thats not the one were getting......ooohh Nooooooo affraid Im smugglin a bottle of the gay on board.But really its all part of the adventure.(NOT).
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2011, 01:22

The "Please Replace Bulb" took our minds off how shite the film was so it was a blessing in disguise. Gave us 90 minutes away from Einstein as well lol. We'll have a glass of the gay in honour of you on our return trip. cheers
Back to top Go down
colin333
Carp Angler
colin333

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2006-10-07

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2011, 02:30

Tips lads is there a bar on Celtic is it dear
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18 2011, 04:43

Bring your own drink on the boat!!!!! Very Happy
Captain Morgan.........Happy days
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2011, 15:49

i`m heading back over this year with celtic link for the first time, it`s working out quite cheaper for me as their not charging me for bringing the dog. it costs me 45 notes to bring the dog on the irish ferries. also i think it`s 10 euro chearper for the boat and trailer. not sure if it`s true maybe someone that has been with across with them can confirm this but i believe that the food is included in the price. if true could work out a lot chearper than irish ferries as they know how to charge for a breakfast. peter and rory are coming out with me and they are heading back on irish ferries as the dates work out better. any one who has been left waiting around for a day in france or been a day late to get on a lake will find this a big advantage.

Last edited by Dan on Wed Feb 23 2011, 04:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23 2011, 02:37

The bar is quite small Colin but it's a means to an end really. It gets you there the day early so it's not a mad dash across France after arriving Saturday afternoon with Irish Ferries. Price wise, I can't remember to be honest if it's cheaper or more expensive. Mike, Ken or Pat Mac may be able to remember so I'll ask them.

The grub was fine on there, on a par with the restaurant on the 7th deck of the Irish Ferries next to the stairs. I can't remember if the food is covered or not as I remember a cash register in the place, pointless if they are not charging for the food. We'll be on it at the start of April so I'll report back with prices etc. then.
Back to top Go down
kruger
Carp Hunter
kruger

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23 2011, 03:41

Going in May with Mick B on Celtic ferries for 186 euros and returning with Irish frerries for same price. Thats less than what we thought it would cost with a van.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ferry bookings Empty
PostSubject: Re: ferry bookings   ferry bookings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ferry bookings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next