Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poission chat and crayfish.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brendan taaffe
I'm getting into posting

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Poission chat and crayfish. Empty
PostSubject: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 17:23

Just a question,

I read somewhere that Mistral baits isotonic boilies are poission chat and crayfish proof! Don't believe that for a minute! I think I would chuck in what the carp are used to.

Brendan.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 13:16

It was the Rosehip flavour, with Crays. Personally ive only ever used one bait (thats no longer made) that they appear to ignore.
Rock hard, netted or caged slows them down.
Back to top Go down
brendan taaffe
I'm getting into posting

PostSubject: Re: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 16:30

Yes Damo, it was the rosehip,

Brendan.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 07:36

rose-hip very popular and successful in France, as damo says there was one bait we used but can`t get any more and the chats did not want to know about it so there are ingredients that they will not go near. i`ve hear from a lake owner over here that rose hip was good for repelling chats. i`m not sure if the same could be said for crays
Brazil nuts will keep them at bay as well, hard enough that the crays have trouble with them the chats don`t seems to like them and their size will reduce bream action as well and the carp love them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
brendan taaffe
I'm getting into posting

PostSubject: Re: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 12:48

A friend of mine has got me 15 bags of the 15mm rosehip boilies, 10 bags of the pellets, and a few more in the crumb, have mistral stopped making them?

Brendan.

Last edited by brendan taaffe on Mon May 23 2011, 01:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 14:31

Have a look:

http://www.mistralbaits.co.uk/

Never used them, on the plus side they have been around for a very long time so must have a following
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poission chat and crayfish.   Poission chat and crayfish. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poission chat and crayfish.
Page 1 of 1