Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brigueuil special offer 2012

Go down 
+8
MIKE B
trigger-06
i scott
macker7360
Dan
anto s
Dub
etangdebrigueuil
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
popped up
Top Specimen Hunter
popped up

Number of posts : 964
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 05:49

david dolan wrote:
Going the 14th of April myself and two mates just wondering the best hooks and rigs to use ??

fear not. Dan the man will sort you out. best of luck. cracking spot
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 09:03

Due to my internet been down and me been on the bank most of the time, if anyone has any questions regarding brigueuil their more than welcome to give me a bell on 0879661167

as for the best rig , well thats a debate that could go on for years, but all i`ll say is that simple is as simple does, you won`t find twenty different bits on my rigs. you won`t need to bring a sales rep from korda with you David, just good hooks and rig marterial, such as snake bite or mantis, snake bite if your going to be casting so you get less tangling or mantis if your using a baitboat or using PVA bags /sticks etc. mantis tends to get tangled when casted as it`s a bit more supple.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 03:42

Just out of interest dan as you have alot more experience on the bank than most of us what types and sizes of hooks do u use for your irish and continental fishing. We spend so much time talking about bivvies and clutter but hooks are so much more important.
I was away fishing in France in the summer and was having a great wk with fish to 44.8 when on the last night i turned a powerful fish twice from a snag but then when i had the fish almost beat the hook let me down and snapped on the bend.
The hook was a size 6 fox ssc, the fish who knows but it felt bloody BIG!!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 05:35

quick answer FOX hooks, i would not use fox or korda hooks if you gave they to me for free or even payed me to use them. i`ve seen them bend out more times. in france i use moslty size 4 and 2`s, size 2 sometimes when i`m on the public`s and need to hold the fish from snags, but mostly to match the size of my bait. as i would be using 24mm to 30mm bottom baits with 20mm pop up`s on top of that. on brigueuil i use sometimes 6`s if i trust the pattern (gardner insizers, owners fly liners,)but normally 4`s. in ireland i did use 4`s on fid on hold the fish from the lillys on the far size and most of the time i used 6`s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
david dolan
Carp Angler
david dolan

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 08:41

So what I gather snake bite with a size 6 hook on a hinge rig , would you ever use inline leads ?? I will give you a buzz Dan anyways soon enough cheers man !!!
Back to top Go down
churchy
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 10:11

Thanks Dan for the advice. Next time im in france il b taking no chances with my hooks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brigueuil special offer 2012   Brigueuil special offer 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brigueuil special offer 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2