Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sierra brava catch report

Go down 
+9
colinhealy79
ferret piss boilies
Nerijus26
wayne
Ebro Dave
Dub
Kelticarper
56K Natas
Dan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

sierra brava catch report Empty
PostSubject: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2009, 05:37

just got a mail from a friend in spain (gonzalo) and he had 84 fish at the weekend the best where 17kgs 18kgs 20kgs and 21kgs thats 38lbs 40lbs 44lbs and 46lbs in old money. here`s a photo of the 17kgs
sierra brava catch report Gonzal10
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2009, 15:07

does he always fish by the olive trees ?
And is the water way down as they are out of the water ..........
Stunning place can't wait to get back there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
Kelticarper
I post a bit
Kelticarper

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2009, 16:05

wow.. what a session... great looking specimen !

Do ya know how long he was there ?? 84 fish !!

Atb Val
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 02:11

he told me that it was only a weekend. but i will have to check with it seems a lot for a weekend. his english is very good but he might have made a mistake.
looking at driving down there in nov for a long session. i`d say its about 10 hours from where i`ll be
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 03:59

Nice fish........... Wink .......What size is the water????
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 05:16

http://www.carpfishingireland.com/articles-f21/the-orellana-and-sierra-brava-in-spain-t1715.htm
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 05:17

Cheers Tom........... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2009, 07:46

stunning carp that

there is a lot of hype / misinformation being touted around about brava and the size of the carp with 1 guiding company
Quote :
4000 carp over 40lb
pure fantasy as no one knows
and the "76lb " has come from 4 different waters so im told lol! and it died shortly afterwards spawnbound

a lot of the spanish anglers in extra just say it was caught in brava or orellana just to keep everyone away from there water and you can't blame them as they are getting well pissed off with the uk anglers blatantly rule breaking ie night fishing and using boats on brava

the size of the lake is 1650h approx 4000acres and is well down at 54% capacity thats why the trees are on view and the fishing has been easy if thats the right word
the level has started to rise over the winter but its still the lowest since built in 96

most of the fishing is casting to the snags with heavy gear and hope you land the carp
there is quite few matches on there at w/e's and a lot of fish are snagged and damaged
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2009, 13:25

Going back in november Smile
Can't wait ..............
Back to top Go down
Ebro Dave
Carp Hunter
Ebro Dave

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2009, 13:42

dan, me, colin, and tom are taking the the camper down in november for a week or so maybe we could link up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2009, 08:05

hope you lads have a good trip
and with a bit of luck the night fishing may well be in place

if your driving down to extra have a look west of Cheles
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2009, 04:18

thats sounds like a plan dave ...but will depend on money . what dates are you going. i think i`m free from the 29th or 30th of oct. i was thinking of going for a bit longer that a week. the lads from passioncarp are on brigueuil at the minute and have told me that they will put us on private strechs that the tour operaters can`t fish. they also told me that the 76 was from orellana and that they don`t trust this angler on his weights
Back to top Go down
wayne
Carp Angler
wayne

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16 2010, 13:19

A group of use from caci are gon to the brava and orellana on thur.sierra brava catch report Icon_biggrin sierra brava catch report Icon_biggrin for 10 days.sierra brava catch report Icon_sunny sierra brava catch report Icon_sunny
Will post how we get on when get back
Back to top Go down
Nerijus26
Carp Hunter
Nerijus26

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16 2010, 13:30

good look wayne, I hope you will get some nice fish sierra brava catch report Icon_smile sierra brava catch report Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.carp-fishing.lt
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16 2010, 18:11

Stunning place lads enjoy sierra brava catch report Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17 2010, 05:24

best of luck lads hopefully ye get among the big unssierra brava catch report Icon_cool sierra brava catch report Icon_cool sierra brava catch report Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2010, 10:23

the lads have only 5 fish out to date 12lb, 14lb, 15lb, 29lb and youngest member of the group (15) landed a bumper of a fish at 41lb some kick start to his fishing career sierra brava catch report Icon_cheers sierra brava catch report Icon_cheers sierra brava catch report Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2010, 12:08

a public water 41lbs well done lad, another fish for fish of the month i think
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2010, 12:14

great capture cant wait to see the pics
Back to top Go down
wayne
Carp Angler
wayne

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 11:19

Brava base camp
sierra brava catch report Seiarr13

Well got back from the brava last night after our 8 day session, It proved to be very difficult as the carp were in spawn mode plus the dam levels have reached records over the winter. So this meant there would be no snag fishing, wat we had to deal with was sharp drop offs and having to cast great distance to reach fish, but a lot of us failled including myself to catch the big numbers of carp and size the brava is known for. I had 2 runs on the last day of fishing because i move to a different area which i should have done earlyer in the week, this resulted in a small double that i taught was atleast 20lb from the fight, gutted i was and never even took a photo of it in disgrace, but should have thinking about it now.
We had very little areas to fish cause of the water levels which meant lots of areas cut off, alot of carp had went to shallow water to spawn water levels again.
Gavin rice and karl rice had got he best swims and they made our trip a
a good one with gavin having ten fish here are some of his fish, our total was 13 fish.
28lb 8oz
sierra brava catch report Seiarr15
sierra brava catch report Seiarr16
29lb 10 oz
sierra brava catch report Seiarr17
30lb 8oz
sierra brava catch report Seiarr18
And the fish of the trip for karl rice
41lb brava common
sierra brava catch report Seiarr10
sierra brava catch report Seiarr12
Well done karl
It was a great experience for me and a good learning cure, and i will be back to this stunning place!
One more pic
sierra brava catch report Seiarr14
Back to top Go down
rc ice
I'm getting into posting
rc ice

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 14:23

sierra brava catch report Icon_cheers sierra brava catch report Icon_cheerswell don lads sierra brava catch report Icon_cheers sierra brava catch report Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Damianmark
Carp Hunter
Damianmark

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 14:29

nice fish lads and well done on the 41lber fish of a lifetime
Back to top Go down
Gavin-Rice
I don't post much

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2010, 14:29

Wayne made a mistake with the weights of some of the fish.29-8 30-8 and 32-8 were the best of the fish i banked.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2010, 01:18

yeah well done lads cracking looking fish
Back to top Go down
Gavin-Rice
I don't post much

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2010, 02:59

Cheers bud a hard session six nights before the first run occoured but rewarding when you have to work hard to get them on the bank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sierra brava catch report   sierra brava catch report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sierra brava catch report
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next