Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

River Ebro Spain.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tero
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-25

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 04:26

River Ebro is the grips of one of the worst drout,s in years,some parts of the river are inexcessable because the water is so low.There are anglers still fishing parts of the river but its getting harder to catch and the fish that are been caught are showing sign,s of stress,red spots on the underneath of the fish.Locals along the river are asking anglers to stop fishing the river to give the fish the best chance to survive till the system gets some rain to bring it back to its glory days.
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 04:58

tero wrote:
River Ebro is the grips of one of the worst drout,s in years,some parts of the river are inexcessable because the water is so low.There are anglers still fishing parts of the river but its getting harder to catch and the fish that are been caught are showing sign,s of stress,red spots on the underneath of the fish.Locals along the river are asking anglers to stop fishing the river to give the fish the best chance to survive till the system gets some rain to bring it back to its glory days.
No way ........I know of 2 lads that headed over today of a week on it........fingers crossed there on a part that can be fished.........
Back to top Go down
tero
Carp Angler

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 05:03

The River Ebro is currently suffering at the hands of a severe drought, the very low level of water is making it difficult for anglers in some areas to fish or even get close to the river. Pedro felt anglers around the world should be informed of the problem in an attempt to ease the fishing pressure and give the stunning fish of the Ebro a chance to relax and get back to there usual fit state, however, at present the fishing pressure is high and this is taking a toll on the fish.

The angling has taken a turn for the worse and less and less fish are being caught unless you know exactly where to find them, some of the local anglers have been catching fish from time to time and checking the state they are in. Sadly some of the captures are showing signs of stress, easily recognisable by patchy red areas on and around the body.

Lets hope for plenty of rain throughout the Autumn for the Ebro and that one of the worlds greatest angling river systems is back to full health quickly!
Back to top Go down
tero
Carp Angler

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: The River Ebro Spain   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 05:11

It dont look to good for them Dub,the locals are not happy with the amount of angling pressure already on the river there is a lot of anglers still fishing but you have to know where.
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 13:21

where did they head glen or who with ,dont think its bad down where my dads place is riba roja ,only place i could see it being bad is the upper lakes caspe fished up there a few years ago and the water was way down
Back to top Go down
Dub
Top Specimen Hunter
Dub

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2008-04-05

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 14:05

colinhealy79 wrote:
where did they head glen or who with ,dont think its bad down where my dads place is riba roja ,only place i could see it being bad is the upper lakes caspe fished up there a few years ago and the water was way down
Sorry Colin do not know to be honest mate just was told they where heading over on Wednesday.......
Back to top Go down
colinhealy79
Top Specimen Hunter
colinhealy79

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2007-02-18

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 14:33

Bitta luck they be ok have a good trip
Back to top Go down
anthony cervi
I would realy like to catch a Carp.

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-06-28

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27 2012, 14:47

Sad Sad Sad what a shame fished there about 10 years ago with my older bro and had a good time, caught some nice fish too, i remember the crucian carp having red spots on the too is this the same thing? and what actually is the red spots/patches.. ? parasites???

Back to top Go down
tero
Carp Angler

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: River Ebro   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 11:16

Strange how quick things can change,Spain has had very bad flooding over the last few days there was a lot of damage done and a few people drowned.The floods where bad a lot of water fell very quick should think the Ebro filled back up very quick to,seen the floods on sky news the rain came down so quick of the mountains to the holiday resorts and just washed everything away.Mad weather.
Back to top Go down
The Ballywillin assassin
Carp Angler
The Ballywillin assassin

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-03-16

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 15:54

Plenty of water over there now...rained for 3 solid days at the end of last week....good for the lakes and rivers cheers ,not so good for my suntan pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

River Ebro Spain. Empty
PostSubject: Re: River Ebro Spain.   River Ebro Spain. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River Ebro Spain.
Page 1 of 1