Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angling lines looking for more money

Go down 
+10
sean
Dan
Damo
56K Natas
mick m
paulmc
Paul C.
Keitho
budc
ferret piss boilies
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Angling lines looking for more money Empty
PostSubject: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 14:44

heading to margot on the 27 this month have it booked
exclusive had it paid for in full in january ferrys booked and paid
when tuesday morn gone we get a letter from Angling Lines
looking for more money even though they had sent
us the receipt a couple months ago saying paid in full thanks.
looking for more money because the euro is so good against the sterling
that they were losing money in the transaction converting it over even though when we paid the euro was weak at 82cent or there abouts i know the recessions in but fcuk that and no two ways about it either we pay it or we wont be fishing the lake they said and our money is non refundable pullin a scam or what????? what do ye think that?????
needless to say wont be booking with ANGLING LINES again Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
budc
Top Specimen Hunter
budc

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:05

that doesn't sound to legit,I'm no legal eagle but i would be seeking advice
on that one,some of the lads who have traveled abroad a lot may know the ins and outs of these things,have you tried contacting Gareth (hes a member on the site)
Hi there
As some of you are off to Margot soon, thought you might like to see the post I've made on my Blog following my visit to the venue this week.

http://www.anglinglines.com/blog/etang-de-margot-update-march-2008/

Cheers
Gareth
you could try ringing the citizens advice board
http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/
they may have a legal whizz kid that could help.
hope it works out
Back to top Go down
Keitho
Carp Hunter
Keitho

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:18

Thats a rip - post it on all the big uk forums and any other carp forum for that matter!

Last edited by Keitho on Thu Mar 12 2009, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:20

were talking to a BRIDGET KEEP over the matter was on the fone for the guts of an hour and got really no where as such only if we dont pay the extra few quid we wont be getting access to the lake needless to say the 7 of us werent to happy to get the letter and it said at the bottom this replaces any other receipts or documents u have already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:32

As far as I'd be concerned, a receipt is given when a transaction is
concluded. You paid X amount to book and hire the lake exclusive, they
gave you a receipt when the whole lot was paid. End of. They requested an amount for a service, you paid in full, that's all about it. The currency fluctuation is not your problem.
Back to top Go down
budc
Top Specimen Hunter
budc

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:37

http://www.anglinglines.com/blog/ask-angling-lines/

if every member on this site filled in this ask the question blog
as to why the price has changed i wonder would there be an
explanation.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:42

indeed paul thats what we thought and it isnt our fault
thats the arguement we had today but it kept fallen to selective hearing
only hearing what they want plus RORY and DAVE the lads that got the grief over there last year were told they were getting a 15% discount when they would be doing a return trip didnt get it their on the lake 2 weeks or that after us?????? i know the saying desperate times makes for desperate measures but bollox to that she gave some lame excuse about they keep the money in some account for x amount of time or something to that effect before they give it to who ever they do and they lost out changing it over so weve to foot the bill for them or we dont get to fish simple as??????
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:43

Only one way to find out Bud. Shall we fill their inbox? Twisted Evil

Regarding them keeping their money in the a/c for a period, if their ways of doing business aren't up to scratch then once again it's not your fault. We're going in 6 weeks, god help them if we get the same tripe.
Back to top Go down
paulmc
Specimen Hunter
paulmc

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:48

is this to do with the extra fish put in the lake:?: Question ring up and put the hammer on them doesnt sound to good on the rip as fair as im consernd
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:50

dont worry paul itll cost them more in the long run dont worry i filled out that blog see what shite they come back if they do that is?????
Back to top Go down
mick m
I'm getting into posting
mick m

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:53

Do they think we,re backward or what ,bad enough when our own crowd
are ripping us off
myself,paul c,pat mac,flanders and a few others were thinking of returning
next year as we had an excellent trip on there a couple of years back but i think we should sit back and see the outcome of this
I dont envy the predicament your in ,i know i,d probably pay rather than
miss the weeks fishing as like me your probably looking forward to the week away for ages
Back to top Go down
budc
Top Specimen Hunter
budc

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 15:58

if you booked through angling lines your contract is with angling lines
and not with the lake owners,their contract is with angling lines and any
dispute over money should be between them,like i said before there is no
point in second guessing,get a solicitor to have a look at it,and yes Paul
if its not resolved quickly we should fill in the box,whats to stop them trying it with every trip booked,the thought of lost revenue and future
bookings might help the lads cause.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:01

why didnt they come up with it a few weeks ago instead of leaving till 2 weeks before we get there??? ya might have some sit back about it and especially the way this recessions in its hard to get up the few quid to go anyway in the first place without having to pay for their mistakes aswell???? especially and it my first trip to france its not starting out to well to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:11

shane one of the lads going on the trip was onto citizens advice today
and apparently its in the small print and they can do it its in their rules not much we can do so he told me to tell any of ye going or thinking of booking to read the small print carefully just off the fone to him
Back to top Go down
mick m
I'm getting into posting
mick m

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:15

just think lots of big carp❤ and close your eyes:afro:
Back to top Go down
paulmc
Specimen Hunter
paulmc

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:22

dont worry ferret keep the head annd mop up luck of the irish will be there cheers
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:29

What ever the rate of exchange was between the euro and sterling at the time of you finalising your part of the deal is the price you must pay.
They can not come back on to you and say it's changed so we want more money.
Don't go and see them in court I'd say.

We went with them last year and they rang me 2 or 3 weeks before hand telling me the lake we had booked was getting swims put in and was also flooded, so we had to go else where (some service).
We got sent to another lake that was a pure disaster, we were even locked out of it for the first night of our trip. The bait turned up a few days late.
I have not and don't think I will ever use their service again, you can get on to most of their lakes for cheaper if you just contact them your self.

I'll PM Gareth about this and we can see what he has to say about it.

Last edited by 56K Natas on Thu Mar 12 2009, 16:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:33

cheers tom we ringing back in the morn again see what other shite they come up with to us:roll: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:35

Mail sent NP Smile
Back to top Go down
paulmc
Specimen Hunter
paulmc

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2009, 16:40

that doesnt sound to good tom wats up them was thinkin of goin next year but its of the cards now shower of muppets new fish more money money money make a quick few quid
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 01:29

and the funny part of it theres the price of a car crossing in the price which weve had to pay ourselves extra anyway so their up that extra money straight away.Mad Mad talk about when ya get an ass ride him altogether??????
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 09:12

You cant do anything in this case, you will have to pay, or cancel the trip and gamble on a refund.
The cost of pursuing this legally will far outwiegh the return, if you can find anyone willing to take it on!

The best hope is to ask, and keep asking, also try posting on other internet forums, Cemex, Carp Forum ect.

Fantastic front to ask your customers to be responsable for exchange rate fluctuations, one for Mr O'leary to pick up on..........very poor show Angling lines! Build it in your costs, and charge more, customers hate bad supprisses!
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 12:22

I have recieved a mail from Gareth and have explained the situation.
I'll let you know the out come of it when I do.
If it was me FPB I'd ring mooney on RTE1 on Monday and 4 and the bloke on from the CAB should know the score.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 15:37

cheers tom i see gareth logged in few times today and hasnt posted any sort of a reply mustve ran out of excuses?Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2009, 17:10

as regards to what paul mentioned earlier in his post about island lake. i think you`ll find it`s down to what the lake owner in question charges angling lines ie in euro or sterling. if their arragement is in sterling then i think you might be alright but if it`s in euro then there will be a difference. margot is owned by M bigot (ie a french man) and he more then likely wants his money in euro so there is a short fall in the present change over. which would not have been the case when the arragement between both parties was made. if the owner of island lake is english or accepts his/hers payments in sterling there should not be any short fall or loss as there is no currency change over.(ie you`ve paid anglinglines in sterling and they will be paying the lake owner in sterling) i hope for your sake i`m right. in brigueuil we charge in euro so this has not affected us too much and most of our clients are french irish spanish dutch german etc so it`s not a problem. with the current difference between sterling and euro anglinglines would not only be losing money but would be subsidising some of these holidays, by the time they paid the lake owners. but FPB`s point about ferry prices being inculded in the price for english clients and not irish is very valid. we raised this point with them before when a few of us where going to margot or de boux (i can`t remember which)and i think that briget got us a reduction with P&O. i don`t think they do a direct sailing to france anymore. what you should ask them to do FPB`s is to get a account/arragement with Irish ferries. you`ll never get it in the lake price as the ferries from ireland are far more expensive then the channel crossing . but you might get a few quid off
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angling lines looking for more money
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next