Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angling lines looking for more money

Go down 
+10
sean
Dan
Damo
56K Natas
mick m
paulmc
Paul C.
Keitho
budc
ferret piss boilies
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sean
I don't post much

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2009, 08:20

hopefully lads all will work out .
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2009, 09:51

Bit of a rip off there.were off to lac royal in may and had the same sort of inquiery.Even though the sterling is weak the owner is having to bite the bullet as far as the pound is concerned.So i dont see how AL can change there tune after entering a contract .
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 14:19

Lads I have been doing a bit of thinking about this rip off and it has got me thinking.
Angling lines say they need more money now because the exchange rate is now so close between the euro and sterling so at the moment they are now down on money.
So this is the Questions I have for ye now.

1 How many times have people got a refund from angling lines when the Exchange rate went the other way.
None I'd be betting.........

2 Who else has booked a holiday through Angling lines this year and have ye been asked to stump up more money ?

Makes you think......... ??????

Also when is the last time someone payed up in full for another type of sun holiday and then been asked for extra money a few weeks before the holiday date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 14:36

I posted it to a few UK forums as they are not going to help the lads, and they had their chance.

Totally out of order, and a company that deals in another country should know how to manage currancy movements, not leave it to their customers.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2009, 14:45

spot on damo plus youd think theyd have it set up that ya could pay in euros as france is the same currency thats prob how they swing a few more quid out of it themselves plus we have to pay for our ferry crossings as you have to use the one in england so theyre up that money as well neway
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2009, 11:50

I posted it to the main UK forums, and the lads are all saying out of order, so at least other anglers are aware of it, and it may stop anyone else getting a nasty suprise!
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2009, 14:33

good stuff damo least people know before they get roped
Back to top Go down
DENIS
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2009, 15:20

we paid the extra 93 euro.. no real choice as it was so close to going. I do understand where they are coming from but as other posters said, what happens if it went the other way...
Angling lines are a pleasure to deal with normally, so just take a little step back and imagine the amount of money they would loose if theywere to bite the bullet so to speak.
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2009, 15:16

same as denis was to close to going alas ours was bit more than 93eurs
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 11:49

I dont agree Denis, you should not pay for there poor business model.
It's pure greed, if they sent your money to the lake owner when you paid them there would be no issue! instead they banked it to take the interest and got caught with their pants down when they had to pay the owner, and the FX rate changed. Or they never hedged their Euro rate far enough in advance to cover your booking, either way its not up to the customer, and in my book goes under the 'dirty trick's' heading.
Trade from the country you are selling the products/services from, ie France then there is no FX rate to worry about!
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 12:59

Quote :
so just take a little step back and imagine the amount of money they would loose if they were to bite the bullet so to speak.

How much did they make when the exchange rate went the other way ????

I can remember angling lines when they only sold secondhand tackle about 10 years ago and they were always a great crowd to deal with but over the last 2 years all that has changed in my eyes. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2009, 14:42

the usual thing that happens tom they started making to much handy money the past 5/6 years and dont give a fcuk anymore cause they know their still goin to make it so cause these little discrepancies and basically dont give 2 fcuks bout the customers at the end of the day!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 09:25

Imho, angling lines have had it their own way for far too long! They have got to realise that there are an awful lot of lakes in France that provide much better fishing and facilities. IMHO, they are now so far behind some of the lakes I have been to that they really shouldn't be fu****g people over like this.Mad

I have been in touch with a lake owner friend near Tours and they have had to swallow the price they had advertised last year, they haven't stiffed their regular anglers or newcomers in to paying up the extra cash.

My opinion is to take a look at some of the idependent French Lakes on offer for next years holiday.

I feel gutted for you fella, I hope you have a good session when you get there.Smile
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 10:25

Our trip last year turned into a complete disaster.And this fiasco has put the nail in the coffin as far as im concerned.They are a provider of a product;ie a holiday package.You are a consumer,of that product.Once money has changed hands it becomes a legal contract under EU law,between Angling lines and the consumer.No other monitary changes are allowed under that contract.Neither angling lines or the consumer can change the agreement.Black and white in the consumers act,on line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 10:54

I totally agree Mike.Wink

Where did you go last year and why was it so bad?
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 11:52

fishfinder wrote:
I totally agree Mike.Wink

An absolute litany of events.WE booked Long lake for a crew of 10.3 weeks before our trip the lake became unfishable due to flooding.we were offered an alternative lake;Grosley.After a day and night travel,we arrived to find ourselves locked out of the venue for the night.And spent the night in the vans in sub 0 temps.We also had 1000euro of bait,ordered.And it arrived 2days late.We had ordered the particles cooked.They arrived uncooked,so we had to pay the guy to boil them.The venue had an amount of fish floating about belly up.Now some of these things were beyond ALs control.But they should not have put there name to it,or give us the recommendation.The shower block was a discrace,and the food wasnt great.The chalet in our swim wasnt finished (it had no floor).And the fishing was not up to much.In future i will do my own homework on venues in france;As AL is after all just a travel agent for fishing trips.Cut out the middle man and row your own boat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 12:03

Very Happy
MIKE B wrote:
fishfinder wrote:
I totally agree Mike.

An absolute litany of events.WE booked Long lake for a crew of 10.3 weeks before our trip the lake became unfishable due to flooding.we were offered an alternative lake;Grosley.After a day and night travel,we arrived to find ourselves locked out of the venue for the night.And spent the night in the vans in sub 0 temps.We also had 1000euro of bait,ordered.And it arrived 2days late.We had ordered the particles cooked.They arrived uncooked,so we had to pay the guy to boil them.The venue had an amount of fish floating about belly up.Now some of these things were beyond ALs control.But they should not have put there name to it,or give us the recommendation.The shower block was a discrace,and the food wasnt great.The chalet in our swim wasnt finished (it had no floor).And the fishing was not up to much.In future i will do my own homework on venues in france;As AL is after all just a travel agent for fishing trips.Cut out the middle man and row your own boat.

Bloody hell, that was bad!

The thing with AL, imho, is that a lot of their lakes will be murdered because of the amount of pressure they've had over the years, looking for an independent venue is the only way forward.

I don't know if you have tried to find a lake independently but they have always given me an excellent fishing holiday.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 12:11

It may be in black and white as EU legeslation, but price a legal team to take it on for you, that wont be cheap! There are cases pending to the Irish government for the roadside fuel pumps that are against EU legislation, 8 years its been going on for.....vote with your feet, dont use them again, tossers, and crap service will always fall in the end.
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 12:19

True damo.But in such a case as this .It would be a small claims court,as the money involved does not exeed 10,000e.And am sure that any company dosent need the bad publicity entailed.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 12:31

You have to be resident in the UK for small claims against a UK company fella, and it aint as easy as it is here.....for a start you have to get a signed afradavid(spelling) signed by a UK solicitor.....
Back to top Go down
muro
Carp Hunter
muro

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2009, 02:30

how did you get on after all FPB did you go yeah?
Back to top Go down
ferret piss boilies
I live to fish
ferret piss boilies

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2009, 09:54

yeah went after alrite i had notin out but the other lads had few fish out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: reply from David Keep   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2009, 22:33

I e-mailed David Keep and he replied as follows, he told me his company lost 28000 pounds last year as a result of the weak pound against the euro and the company could not absorb the cost of this again this year ,so I informed him of this that when you are in the business of trading currencies you should be aware of the pitfalls that comes with such business practise, and that poor business models are not acceptable when taking hard earned cash from customers.

Awaiting reply

Best of fishing in France
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2009, 11:09

I dont suppose he mentioned the amount of money taken hand over fist,when the pound was strong?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Angling Lines   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2009, 21:57

I made that point Mike and asked him, if I asked for a refund if I payed when the pound was strong and if suddenly the pound became weak would he issue me the price difference on the lake fee.
Awaiting reply form David Keep ????????????????

All Good Things Come To Those Who Wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angling lines looking for more money   Angling lines looking for more money - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angling lines looking for more money
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next