Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lake Garda Italy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RAB
I don't post much
RAB

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Lake Garda Italy  Empty
PostSubject: Lake Garda Italy    Lake Garda Italy  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 10:28

Hi folk, I'm off to lake Garda next month for a couple weeks, does anyone know of any carping trips worth a go not just on Garda but even lakes around the area? I've searched online but had no joy! Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
OisinMac
Carp Hunter
OisinMac

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-27

Lake Garda Italy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Garda Italy    Lake Garda Italy  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 11:52

RAB wrote:
Hi folk, I'm off to lake Garda next month for a couple weeks, does anyone know of any carping trips worth a go not just on Garda but even lakes around the area? I've searched online but had no joy! Thanks Wink

I used to holiday a lot in the Tuscan region and was always looking for places to fish. I have to agree with you, theres not much on the internet regarding carp fishing in Italy. They have a license in effect over there and theyre strict enough on it as far as i know. Fishing the rivers over there seems to be pretty popular aswell.
I remember reading about Tony Davies Patrick, the guy who writes for Carpworld in the International section fishing and he was fishing lakes in northern Italy, up in the Alps.. Thats all I can tell ya anyway RAB, tight lines.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1751911239
Ag3nt
I don't post much

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Lake Garda Italy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Garda Italy    Lake Garda Italy  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 17:55

Rab,

I went to Lake Garda couple of years back, amazing place in general.

Fishing wise, I was on honeymoon with the missus, think i'd of been drowned if I had mentioned fishing Smile

Where abouts are you staying? We stayed in Riva which is the big town at the most northern part of the lake, there are plenty of large fish swimming about really close in to the edge up around the ferry terminal there, (may or may not be carp) Lake Garda has all sorts in it.

have a read at this,,, you probably already have.. sounds like fishing on lake garda maybe worth giving a go Smile

http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=136945

sounds like some huge fish in it.

There is a smaller lake north of Lake Garda, Lago Di Tenno (check it on Google Maps) There was Villa to let there a few of the family had asked me to email about for a holiday and I asked them if they knew what fish was in Lago Di Tenno and they had not got a clue, and where not interested in finding out for me either lol.

Main tip Rab is take plenty of cash with you, one thing which has stuck in my mind about my visit to Lake Garda, we only went a week would love to go for 2, but we went on a tour guide type thing rather than just self catering along the south of the lake.

anyhow the thing which stuck lol, it cost us 8 Euro for 2 cans of coke in Sirmione. was pissing down the day we where there and thought screw this in outta the rain for 5 minutes, the Umberellas we had where leaking it was coming down so heavy. they definitely know how to charge. avoid venice.. well amazing place really nice to see.. but 2 extremely small meals (looked like a starter lol) and a coke each on the grand canal cost 50 euro. Smile

have a great time Rab and if you do get fishing make sure you take some photo's of your catches would love to see what sort of fish and size comes out of it.

maybe contact where you are staying asap and see if they can give any advice on the fishing. the story we had been told by our tour operator is that the lake used to be fished by fishermen for years, who caught and sold the fish on. what happened was those fishermen had houses etc around the lake and because it became a more profitable business to open up hotels and guest houses they all done that instead so there is very rarely fishing boats out on the lake. I seen the odd person on a jetty fishing but nothing extreme similar to those on the link that mention people with a wee rod and float.

Back to top Go down
RAB
I don't post much
RAB

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Lake Garda Italy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Garda Italy    Lake Garda Italy  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 07:33

Thanks for all the feed back,
This is my honeymoon also, only 4 wks to go!!! confused hear it can be mad expensive, I try to do some carping On every trip I get away, done the Ebro few yrs back caught small carp all day long great crack! I did Florida last few yrs and spotted hugh grass carp in 1 of the canals the villa was on, when I say Hugh these beasts were about 50lb +, tried a few times for them but kept gettin wiped out by baby alagators .... Mad r Wat!!!! I will keep u posted on my return and hope I find somewhere worth a go, I think the Italians r big into the carping word, will see.
Cheers Rab
Back to top Go down

Lake Garda Italy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Garda Italy    Lake Garda Italy  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 07:24

I think the biggest carp ever taken on a pole was at Garda - 60lb +
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lake Garda Italy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Garda Italy    Lake Garda Italy  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lake Garda Italy
Page 1 of 1