Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

island lake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pip
I don't post much

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-12-01

island lake Empty
PostSubject: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2012, 14:30

to all the lads going to island next year.particles are banned result, also mcf lead clips only allowed on the venue,anyone who has used these they are the best out there.
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2006-12-20

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 10:32

Does he sell the clips onsite pip?
Back to top Go down
pip
I don't post much

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 12:59

johnson ross, tackle box, 3 different colours, take a bit of sussing out but very neat about 5 euro a pack of 5
Back to top Go down
Niall Walker
Specimen Hunter
Niall Walker

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2006-09-25

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 01:26

8 anglers a week for 8 months of the year, each loosing an minimum of 4 leads a week. Well thats a pound of lead for each angler each week! And if you work it out it comes down to over 2000lbs of lead being left on your lake bed every year. Just a little food for thought?

Boilies only, next it will be like dream lakes with "lake boilies only". Greed is all it is, fish have got big enough up to now with particles. Sadly it has become a case of people lining their own pockets and getting as much out of it before it all comes to an end.

For these reasons and others that this will be our last trip there, and if i could get my money back I would not be going next year either.
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 10:59

Id go back to your calculator Niall,Have a look at the video for these clips on mcf,s site.Theres no rubber at all,just a straight bar on the side.By the look of things if your lead plugs into anything soft your lead will disengage fish or no fish.Thats a possible lead a chuck.Three rods maybe twice a day could be 6 leads a day.I dont mind dropping a lead if theres a fish involved,but these things look like there designed to drop it for no reason other than to sell leads.And i think also that if a fishery want you to use these products they should be stocked on site.Plus a whole lot of cheap leads.
Back to top Go down
flanders
I live to fish
flanders

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-08-31

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 11:10

tie the lead down with pva string for big casts,lucky i made about 15kg of leads................
leads for sale ..lol
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 11:14

Never mind your lol ken .Put me down for a kg.
Back to top Go down
Niall Walker
Specimen Hunter
Niall Walker

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2006-09-25

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 12:43

Lol, you mean i should have used a calcuator, still a lot of lead being left on the bottom. Mcf lead clips, Mcf,s boilies, hmmm? Bailifs using 5 rods dumping tons of boilies out every day while paying customers can only use 3 rods.
Back to top Go down
pip
I don't post much

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 13:19

mike. these clips are soft rubber. you might be looking at their other clips, you will lose a lead every time you get a bite even fishing in the edge locked up, however you can blast a lead as far as you can and the lead does not come off the clip,if you do not want to lose the lead a little trick myself and richard came up with is to jamb a 4mm soft rubber bead down the arm of the clip up to the lead this will stop you losing the lead, get youself a pack mike and have a play about with them, you have plenty of time between now and april,dennis mc feichtrich who invented them is a highly highly respected angjer who goes somewhat under the radar, as for the bait side i could not agree more with niall,theres no way we can compete with what is virtually a natural food source(HARFORD MIX) still dont like particles though
Back to top Go down
MIKE B
Top Specimen Hunter
MIKE B

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 15:13

Oh for sure i'll get a hold of some of the clips.I think there called Dumper clips.And order some of the Hartford mix.Particles i can live without.Thanks for the heads up pip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

island lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: island lake   island lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

island lake
Page 1 of 1