Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake

Go down 
+4
Ebro Dave
56K Natas
Damianmark
Paul C.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Empty
PostSubject: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2008, 14:59

Got some news from the lads over on Island lake for the week. Jim is having a storming week in Swim 14 behind the Island, 38lb common, 45lb 15oz Leather, 42lb 1oz, 49lb 10oz and a 52lber. Not sure if the 49 counts, the 42 took out his three rods. When sorting them out he was reeling in one of the other rods which became attached to a fish trailing line, pulled the line in and a 49lb 10oz on the other end!

Wannacarp has had a 33lb 2oz mirror from Swim 6. Paul Heaney yet to strike gold. The lake is quiet but Jim seems to be sitting on them at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Damianmark
Carp Hunter
Damianmark

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2008, 15:17

well done that man great fishn for him
Back to top Go down
56K Natas
Top Specimen Hunter
56K Natas

Number of posts : 2232

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2008, 15:21

I'll have to give them a ring ......

Last edited by 56K Natas on Wed Apr 30 2008, 15:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com
Ebro Dave
Carp Hunter
Ebro Dave

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2008, 15:25

he should get double points for the 42lber ied say the fish is glad anyway
Back to top Go down
DENIS
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 01:58

Well thats his own decision, if he claims it... good fishung anyway...............Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 02:27

Sounds like he's having a wonder session. good on him.

Could'nt disagree with you more Dennis, How could he possibly claim that fish as his own? It didnt pick up his bait so it is in no way shape or form his capture. Was lucky for the fish that it bacame tangled up in his line. If it was me Id think twice about weighing it and would be mortified to be photographed with it. If its ok to claim it as your capture, is it also ok to claim it as a lake record or national record or even world record?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 02:32

its a no brainer. i`d only weight and photo it for record`s. but well done on the other fish
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 02:39

Should have added that with the session this guy is having, if the fish in question wasnt trailing line there's every chance he would have caught it anyway........

Best of luck to the other two anglers, hope things improve for them.
Back to top Go down
A.J
Carp Angler
A.J

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 02:46

fair play to lads.
I have to agree with John F on this one as the fish did not pick up his bait.It's a bit like certain lads claiming big commons caught on other peoples rods,when they go for something to eat or a piss. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 03:13

Dearie me dennis, with such a liberal attitude to the validity of captures I dont think I'll be able to look at you in that magazine you write for in the same light again..... Will I think, did he foul hook that one in the tail? Did he find that one washed up on the shore dead? Or even, did he yank the rod off the guy he was fishing with to catch that one???? Dearie dearie me.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 16:08

Hey lads, fish wont be claimed as i said to wannacarp and born again. It was great to get him out of the lake though and free it of trailing line. A swedish guy lost the fish two days b4 and he snapped at the backlead. Fish had about 150 yards of line trailing it and gladly swam away the next morn after a night resting in hotel de sack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 16:10

p.s I did photograph him and weigh him because it is a mad story and will be great to show people the fish along with the story.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Top Specimen Hunter
Dan

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 02:30

i understand jim. colin flynn had a bit of a mad one on jrc lake . he landed a 46lbs mirror and when he went to take the hook out , there was none the line was wrapped around his dorsal .he unwrapped it and it fly off and was connected to a 48lbs sturgeon. worth a photo for the story
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingireland.com/t4439p60-sixtysixwild
DENIS
Carp Angler

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 07:25

Yes yes, Listen i dont really care what anyone else does in the way of claiming fish, nice to see this one wasnt claimed and thats honest angling. To be fair i know folk who have claimed and i sorta frown on them, but it doesnt have any impact into what i do in my fishing world. Myp.b's are honest and to the ounce where possible..( bottomed out scales, what can u do)
So i dont mind, but if someone goes rushing to claim pb's and lake records etc etc with an unfairly caught fish well, what can u do but laugh at them for being an idiot..
I was fishing Lanesborough the weekend and landed a 5lb 8oz male tench, when i went to unhook it, the size 16 was in one of his pecs, what do i do,did the hook pop out of the fishes mouth when i was pklaying it , or did it just snag me on its way past the feeder. I just weighed the fish ,took a photo and released it. That would of been my p.b. but i cannot say it is..( never had a five pounder, i know the shame) ..
So its back looking for another 5lb..

If u cannot be honest with yourself, well then u are a lost cause.
Regards.
Denis
Back to top Go down
Damo
Top Specimen Hunter
Damo

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 08:01

Any views on landing fish caught on someone elses rod?

Well done Jim, its always a kick in the balls when it happens, I remeber Collin landing a 46 from a very tough water that could not be claimed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 09:32

I think more credit is due to the person who set the bait and got the take. I dont think anyone can claim a fish that is caught on someone elses gear. This happened Wannacarp and myself above in dromore many many years ago. It was 1 of the first 20's to come out (i think) and it was on darrens rods when he popped to the shop as we were doubled up. Even though i landed the fish it will always be darrens fish but darren says he cannot claim it either so I guess " Heaven is when you land it, hell is when you lose it and everything else is Limbo"

With the fish in Island lake the swedish guys face said it all when Mick Hall brought him up to show him the fish he lost from the 1 run he had for the week. affraid
Back to top Go down
Paul C.
Top Specimen Hunter
Paul C.

Number of posts : 1254

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 16:11

Great session Jim, well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake   Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wannacarp, Bornagain and Jim Leahy on Island Lake
Page 1 of 1